Agape Recruiting has been retained to fill a Director of Facilities/Environmental Services position for a beautiful retirement community in San Gabriel Valley. The official title is Director of Buildings and Grounds.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some vocational (VoTech) education in business and trades Plumbing, HVAC, Electrician or Carpentry is preferred
- At least 6 years of experience in maintenance trade fields or environmental services (housekeeping/laundry) or combination of the two with supervisory experience
- Healthcare experience preferred, i.e. retirement community or hospital, at a Director Level EVS experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations -
GENERAL STATEMENT OF POSITION
Under limited supervision, the Director Building and Grounds performs administrative and supervisory over-site, directing the maintenance, security, transportation, grounds, housekeeping, laundry and capital projects of the community in order to ensure efficient plant operation and management.
You will accept accountability for activities under direct control; exercise sound judgment and decision-making; promote cooperative working relationships within and between departments, and keep abreast of and implement new programs or practices. Ensures and is responsible for the work product and standards within the department as related to the company and regulatory guidelines. On call 24 hours a day. As a representative and team member of the Building and Grounds department, this position is expected to present oneself in a manner that reflects professionalism and ensures resident satisfaction.
Supervisory Responsibility - Maintenance, Housekeeping, Laundry, Janitorial, Grounds, Transportation, and Security
Budget Responsibility - Overall fiscal budgetary responsibility for Maintenance, Housekeeping, Laundry, Transportation, Grounds, Security, Capital projects and Renovations.
REPORTS TO - Executive Director
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Maintains high standard in quality customer service and positive relations with residents, other departments and vendors through resident satisfaction surveys and one on one communications;
- Responsible for maintenance of grounds, buildings, facilities, housekeeping, laundry, remodel projects, and various capital improvements;
- Supervises lead staff providing instruction, coaching, recruitment, selection, allocation of team members scheduling, reviewing and planning work, maintaining standards, and evaluating performance;
- Supervises outside contractors, and coordinates with remodel contractor and Marketing Department all new remodel projects;
- Manages capital and operational construction projects including planning, bid proposal process, ensuring quality of work performed and adherence to established project specifications, coordination of contracted services and monitoring of budgets in coordination with corporate representative;
- Responsible for ensuring supplies management including; materials, equipment, tools, parts, and permits;
- (duplicate stmt)Oversees all administrative matters in the department, including budget preparation /development and monitoring, forecasting, general ledger monitoring, scheduling and personnel matters;
- Maintains department regulatory compliance with OSHA/ OSHPD, fire marshall requirements for reporting work-related accidents; conducts work tasks safely and in compliance with the facility safety program;
- Establishes and maintains necessary procedure manuals and records;
- Conducts regular staff meetings to facilitate open communication;
- Conduct weekly meetings with lead and supervisory staff;
- Oversees organization and training of community resident/staff emergency response team and facilitates at least twice annual drills;
- May assume command as detailed in the community Disaster Plan in the event of a disaster through the use of ICS/NIMS/SIMS practices;
- Maintains standards related to the development of maintenance, housekeeping, laundry, janitorial, grounds and security procedures; routine processes and preventive maintenance and infectious waste programs;
- Ensures preparation and update of safety data sheets (SDS)and ensures compliance for all departments;
- (duplicate)Ensures development of maintenance, housekeeping/ cleaning procedures and schedules including drapery, and window cleaning services;
- Responsible for adhering to HIPPA privacy rules and company policies, procedures and practices which require that resident-identifiable health information will only be used to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Oversees requests for special functions; delegates staff to perform functions;
- Monitors inventory and orders for purchase of linen supplies, cleaning equipment, materials, supplies, and appliances;
- Attends in-service training workshops and meetings as required; facilitates and supports in-service training as needed to preserve compliance with OSHA, OSHPD, company and State and Federal regulations conducts monthly staff meetings to facilitate open communications; arranges in-service education for personnel to maintain qualified work performance;
- Exercise prudent judgment and decides within broadly defined practices;
- Oversees and directs departmental activities to ensure quality services for both internal and external customers.
- Serves as a resource to and collaborates with others to advance the hospitality mission.
- Assesses, develops, implements and evaluates department goals that coincide with the hospitality goals on a yearly basis.
- Communicates the department's needs, requirements, available services and information to internal and external customers.
- Monitors and assures compliance with all standards for safety, risk management, and infection control as required by enforcement agencies taking action as needed.
- Coordinates the departmental performance improvement process including the preparation, analysis, and submission of required reports.
- Develops, reviews and revises departmental policies and procedures and assures the department's compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Demonstrates personal and professional growth and expertise by remaining current with state and federal associations and with professional trends, and by participating in community activities.
- Provides effective and courteous service to all residents, guests and co-workers;
- Promotes and protects the rights of each resident.
- Performs related essential duties as required.
- Display behavior that supports the mission, vision and values.
- Displays the following behaviors:
- Perform as One Team
- Deliver a Personalized Experience
- Be Responsible for Results
- Be Curious and Adaptable
- Understand and adhere to company, community and department programs, policies and procedures.
- Understands and actively contributes to the Philosophy of Person Directed Care while promoting individual growth and potential within a culture of Successful Aging.
- Demonstrate behavior that supports the company's service excellence culture program.
- Keep current knowledge and required certifications for quality care and services mandated by federal and state law, and other regulating agencies.
- Understand and adhere to federal and state laws governing employee and resident rights.
- Communicate effectively to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Lead staff to achieve community, function and company performance goals.
- Ensure quality recruiting, hiring, development and retention practices consistent with company procedures and standards.
- Assign, review, plan and coordinate the work of other team members.
- Delegate and oversee results of delegated work to staff.
- Recommend and approve the discipline, dismissal, transfer or promotion of team members.
- Assess the work of team members and write performance appraisals.
- Administer pay, rewards and recognition within company guidelines that support individual and team performance toward achieving goals.
- Analyze problems that arise in the areas under the supervision and implement solutions.
- Effectively communicate in all written and verbal forms of communication.
- Create an environment for staff that honors, respects and values their opinions and suggestions; demonstrate fair treatment and ethical business practices; support staff development and reward achievement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- The standard methods, materials, and equipment employed in janitorial work;
- The infectious disease control policies;
- Cleaning procedures and the use of cleaning materials;
- Management practices and procedures including instructing, assigning, reviewing, and planning the work of team members and maintaining standards;
- Methods for keeping track of cleaning equipment and supplies inventory and of ordering same.
- Services available by the retirement community
- Records, graphs, reports, etc. used in the daily performance of service duties
- Policies, procedures, methods, and practices of the facility
- Relationship building
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including interpersonal communication (for example, individuals from diverse backgrounds, cognitively impaired residents)
- Proficient in the use of Windows based office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Financial skills, creating a budget
- Excellent eye for detail / cleanliness
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and to demonstrate leadership, interpersonal, motivational, time - management and organizational skills
- Ability to interact with residents utilizing humor, friendship, kind words, compliments, and understanding to help residents feel safe, secure, and valued
- Ability to make appropriate judgments, decisions and problems solving in a timely manner and within the context of the situation at hand
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, interpersonal skills and successfully motivate a team in a positive manner
- Ability to direct and oversee the work of others
- Ability to interact and collaborate professionally with a diverse range of customers, including older adults and co-workers, individually and as a part of a team
- Ability to utilize a positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to effectively respond to emergency and/or crisis situations
- Ability to understand and act upon regulatory requirements for housekeeping in each level or care.
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally in English with other business departments, residents, guests, and vendors.
- Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Ability to accurately follow and provide instructions, both verbally and written
- Ability to ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training
- Ability to train staff regarding chemicals used in cleaning community.
- Integrity - honest and ethical.
- Cooperative - pleasant with others, good-natured, and cooperative.
- Dependable - reliable and responsible, fulfilling duties.
- Attention to Detail - careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Concern for Others - sensitive to other's needs and feelings; helpful and understanding.
- Adaptable/Flexible - open to change (positive or negative) and to variety in the workplace.
- Stress Tolerance - accepts criticism and deals calmly and effectively with stress situations.
- Independent - develops own way of doing; guides self with little or no supervision; depends on self to complete tasks.
- Initiative - willingness to take on challenges and responsibility.
- Leadership - willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Achievement/Effort - establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Analytical thinking - analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
Judgment and Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply principles of rational systems.
- Ability to use judgment and respond calmly in stressful situations.
Language Ability and Interpersonal Communication
- Ability to understand and correctly use various information resources and documents including daily logs.
- Ability to prepare reports, correspondence, using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Ability to explain ideas, in writing and orally, so others easily understand.
- Ability to communicate effectively and hospitably, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to recognize when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide and calculate decimals, ratio and proportion, discount, interest, profit and loss, percentage, commission, markup and fractions; and determine time, weight, and measures.
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a health care facility environment.
- Ability to work effectively in hot, cold, and wet conditions.
The physical activities required to perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to operate, or oversee the operation of, a variety of equipment including mechanic tools, carpenter tools, electrical tools, plumbing tools, shovels, rakes, etc. necessary to perform mechanical, carpentry, electrical, plumbing and allied building repairs and maintenance work
- May require the ability to operate a variety of office machines, including computers and adding machine
- Ability to exert considerable force occasionally and/or a negligible amount force constantly to move objects
- Ability to coordinate hands and eyes in performing semi-skilled movements, such as preparation of paperwork
- Ability to differentiate colors and shades of color in performing electrical maintenance and repairs
- Ability to exert physical effort in medium to heavy work involving a combination of sitting, standing, walking and driving
- Ability to exert a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Director of Facilities
- EVS Director
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $102,000.00 /year
- Environmental/Buildings & Grounds / Facilities: 5 years (Required)
- Management: 2 years (Required)
- Life Safety & OSHA: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- CA Drivers License (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules