Retail Sales Associate - Part Time - Upper West Side
Sales Associate Job Description:
At AG, we believe in crafting beautiful clothing that reflects a modern design sensibility, while maintaining a classic sophistication that transcends seasons. Our team members are the brand ambassadors that drive this culture through their daily interactions with our fashion focused customer base.
Sales Associate Position Overview:
The primary responsibility of the Sales Associate is to project and protect the image of the AG brand: Chic.Sophisticated. Classic.
As a brand ambassador he or she will utilize his or her passion for the brand combined with exceptional knowledge of the brand, strong sales strategies and high service level to help elevate the AG customer experience through establishing, managing, and developing exceptional customer relations.
Sales Associate Requirements:
- High School Diploma required
- 1 years experience working in a premium retail selling environment preferred.
- Continually able to stand/walk for extended periods of time, necessary to provide sales floor coverage related to customer service and loss prevention.
- Continually able to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel, and carry product, necessary for customer service, inventory re-stock, and store merchandising.
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs regularly.
- Able to regularly perform store maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean.
- Comfortable climbing ladders.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be available to work weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
Sales Associate Responsibilities:
Other responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- As a brand ambassador you will be expected to be a positive, consistent, and respectful role model; communicate positively regarding store management and company strategies; and develop and support a positive attitude towards the AG brand.
- Maintain internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Ensure that customers receive exceptional customer service by maintaining a positive service-focused attitude which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining a clean and well merchandised store environment that meets company standards, and maintaining solid product knowledge to meet the customers fashion needs.
- Ensure that the customer experience matches the standards set through the GREAT customer interaction process and the secret shop criterion.
- Must be fashion savvy and up to date with current trends to best meet AG's fashion focused customers' needs.
- Under the guidance of store management participate in and assist with merchandising efforts and floor moves.
- Establish and maintain a solid understanding of the company POS system in order to efficiently process customer and store transactions.
- Maintain store environment by performing light cleaning tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Protect company assets by following all loss prevention procedures.
- Maintain an open and positive relationship with store management team.
- Maintain a professional appearance by adhering to company dress code standards
- Maintain a high level of PK by staying current with supplied product knowledge tools and seasonal look books
- Follow company defined sales approach to ensure consistency in customer experience and message. (GREAT)
- Achieve monthly Individual Sales Plan consistently.
- As a Brand Ambassador promote the AG Client Club to all customers with high energy and consistency.
- Develop and maintain an engaged customer base through adhering to the AG Client Club procedures including client acquisition and follow-through.
- Foster a 'team' environment by fully participating in store efforts and promotions.
- Communicate in a positive manner with customers and members of AG staff.
- Be a positive role model by sharing your knowledge and expertise with other members of the team.
- Attend and actively participate in store meetings as scheduled by management
Job Type: Part-time
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)