6 mos contract with a possibility of extension
Downtown Toronto, 155 Wellington St West
- Produce user research deliverables and design artifacts to lead UX design practices.
- Create design options to lead design iteration process in order to generate best design solution.
- Provide input on information architecture
- UX Designer conceptualizes the UX then works with stakeholders and end users to validate design and recommend the end to end design strategy
- Work with Design Lead and other designers to make UI and UX design decisions for high complexity solutions - including what options to present to stakeholders and making final decisions between competing designs ; decision needs to align with the UX vision and information architecture and with the long-term Product roadmap
- Work with the various lab teams to develop and uphold UX and UI standards (e.g. accessibility) or determine when exceptions can be granted
- Recommend user research methodologies and produce relevant deliverables.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to translate business and user requirements into logical and streamlined screen flows that support desirable user experience.
- Strong prototyping skill is a must, with tools like Sketch and InVision.
- 3 -5 + years' UX design experience in web/digital products, experiences in finance industry is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Desire to work through the entire design process using methods like sketching, storyboarding, diagramming, wire-framing, usability testing and prototyping
- Solid knowledge of design tools (Sketch, InVision, and presentation software) and principles (typography, grid systems, visual hierarchy, colour, white space, etc.)
- Fluent in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Portfolio of work samples showcasing work
- Experience working within a large organization is an asset
- Experience of working in agile enviroment is preferred
- Experience working with and contributing to existing Design System is an asset
- Experience working in a global team enviroment is an asset
- An attention to detail
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $55.00 to $65.00 /hour