Senior UI Developer
6 months contract possibility of extension
- Lead user-centered design based on consulting with clients, project teams and Design Lead
- Act as a user experience advocate and lead a wide range of user research and design relevant tasks to assist product owner's effort of building a customer-centric application and champion the user experience.
- Lead design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus and getting approvals on designs/documentation, and challenge core team to create a successful user experience and cohesive story
- Champion the customer journey and user flow on which to build user experience design/solution for the product you support while maintaining the defined internal design guidelines.
- Proactively assess and recommend improvements to the user experience. Advocate for usability, design and innovation within the organization.
- Design multiple options, trust the iterative process, and understand that the first idea is not always the best
CAPABILITIES & SKILLS
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Ablity to translate business and user requirements into logical and streamlined screen flows that support desirable user experience.
- Strong prototyping skill is a must, with tools like Sketch and InVision.
- 2-4+ years' UX design experience in web/digital products, experiences in finance industry is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Desire to work through the entire design process using methods like sketching, storyboarding, diagramming, wire-framing, usability testing and prototyping
- Solid knowledge of design tools (Sketch, InVision, and presentation software) and principles (typography, grid systems, visual hierarchy, colour, white space, etc.)
- Fluent in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Portfolio of work samples showcasing work
- Experience working within a large organization is an asset
- Experience of working in agile environment is preferred
- Experience working with and contributing to existing Design System is an asset
- Experience working in a global team environment is an asset
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $75.00 to $80.00 /hour
- Financial Industry: 5 years (Preferred)
- UX design in web/digital products: 5 years (Required)
- Scrum: 5 years (Required)
- Agile: 5 years (Required)
- prototyping skill like Sketch and InVision: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)