At AFSC, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. As a progressive and rapidly changing organization, we continue to develop and nurture our reputation as a great place to work and are always looking for skilled individuals to join our team in one of our 44 offices located throughout Alberta.
Reporting to the CCO or delegate, the Senior Relationship Manager, Agri-Business is a member of the Agri-Business Lending team, targeting the mid-market agribusiness and rural business and the large primary agriculture sectors (targeting up to $15M deals). This role will also be first point of contact for all Value Add food processing opportunities irrelevant of size to access viability of client prospect.
This senior role will be accountable and responsible for business development, loan initiation and marketing and selling AFSC Lending products and solutions to both existing and new clients in order to contribute to the success of AFSC and achievement of business results.
As a lending professional, they will enhance the value proposition offered by AFSC through its suite of lending products and services to the Agri-Industry and rural markets we serve. The position is expected to work in a collaborative manner with fellow team members as well as other members of the AFSC Delivery model.
- Meet and exceed sales goals by increasing penetration of existing clients and identifying and qualifying new opportunities among growth oriented clients and prospects in AFSC's key target markets.
- Provide significant contribution to the quarterly and annual business goals of AFSC.
- Provide other staff members of the Agri-Business Lending team or other AFSC Delivery Teams, referrals and support as required to support AFSC's Client expectations.
- Sales target of $20M per year
Portfolio Management & Administration:
- Build strong relationships with clients and prospects sufficient to fully understand their business challenges and opportunities and thereby develop appropriate solutions.
- Provide extraordinary levels of customer service include responding to client enquiries and ensuring the efficient processing of applications, client requests and other required documentation.
- Enhance the client experience by having a client focused approach to all sales and service interactions.
- Have outstanding knowledge on our clients, market and industry sectors to enhance interactions with clients and others.
- Work closely with existing Lenders to help manage and maintain the lending portfolio to optimize the compliant status for large and highly complex lending clients including developing amendments, renewals, and responding proactively to client requirements.
- Provide astute decision making and conduct complex financial analysis and due diligence to complete high level transactions.
- Prepare and approve/recommend credit proposals based on comprehensive analysis, effective due diligence, and the application of professional judgement in alignment with AFSC's Risk Management expectations and underwriting standards.
- Coordinate the work flow of the lending portfolio to ensure efficiency with turnaround time that meets or exceeds client expectations.
- This position will approve Lending Transactions through AFSC's Lending Process within their discretionary limits, based on analysis of information, assessment of critical risks, consideration of mitigating factors and the exercising of good judgement to facilitate and satisfy the client needs, within AFSC's standards of acceptable risk management principles, policies and procedures.
- Strive to make decisions that optimize the best interest of AFSC.
- Share acquired advanced lending expertise to enhance the body of knowledge of Agri-Business Lending Team.
- Demonstrate and expect high standards of personal performance from themselves.
- Development of personal sales marketing and action plans, from which they are responsible to implement and manage.
- Mentor and coach other team members in product and process knowledge, assist and advise others on alternative financing structures, approaches to solving challenges, proper documenta
- Undergraduate degree with a professional designation (or a Graduate degree);
- 10 years of progressive and proven related experience.
For those not meeting the minimum education, additional work related experience will be deemed equivalent. Proactive in continued professional and personal skill development is an ongoing expectation.
The successful applicant will have excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal, documentation and leadership skills to collaborate with AFSC business resources and other program areas. The capacity to work with cross-functional teams to accomplish project and program goals is required as is the ability to prioritize work and allocate resource effort accordingly.
$7,675 - $9,585 /month