We are seeking a driven, talented front end developer to join our team. You will work closely with various members of the Affinio organization to play a key role in the success of our platform.
What you’ll be doing
- Write code to implement elements on our client-facing platform
- Leverage our internal API to create new functionality that delights our users
- Create prototypes, mockups, and staging sites for review and feedback
- Identify and troubleshoot various application issues and code problems through peer review and code pairing with other developers
- Design and develop data visualizations and other solutions to help users arrive at meaningful insights from our data and dashboard
- Collaborate with members of the development team to consistently improve functionality and user-friendliness of the Affinio platform
- Meet tight deadlines as required
What We're Looking For:
- 1-3 years in a front end development role
- Portfolio or samples of past work and projects
- Experience with version control systems like Git/Github
- Strong familiarity with APIs and integrating them with a front-end application. Bonus points for familiarity with JSON API spec or GraphQL.
- An insatiable desire to test code; knowledge about front-end testing frameworks.
- Knowledge about cloud-based deployments and providers like Azure, Heroku,
- Ability to code and diagnose using browser-based dev tools
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with designers, developers, and other relevant staff members or clients
- Understanding of the entire SDLC process, with an emphasis on front end design and development
- Willingness to troubleshoot and solve complex problems
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to adapt to changing instructions and requirements
Employment will be conditional on consent to and the satisfactory review of a background check. While we thank all interested candidates for their application, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Affinio was established in 2013 and is headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. We have offices in Toronto and New York and have employees located globally. We are a dynamic company, building disruptive technology that uses machine learning to assess millions of attributes and billions of data-points. Our technology identifies clusters of consumers based on common behavioural patterns and builds personas that are supported by data. We are working together with our customers and our partners to transform marketing strategy and make marketing meaningful to consumers.