Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assist with marketing activities related to AFI growth efforts
- Assist with external communication operations for AFI such as with publications or social media platforms
- Provide information about AFI programs, admissions policies and requirements to prospective students
- Assist potential students with the application process and guide them to completion
- Assist with potential student outreach activities
- Assist with online, digital and hard copy design of promotional materials
- Assist in the development of effective relationships with local businesses relating to home-stay, health insurance, etc.
- Assist with branding goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with prospective student including successful verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to design effective outreach materials
- Ability to adapt to and excel in multicultural environments and in settings with parties from diverse backgrounds
- Bilingual in English and either Chinese, Spanish, or Korean a plus
Experience & Education:
- Experience in marketing, business, communications or related field preferred.
- Two years of experience in relevant field
- Oral and written proficiency in Chinese, Spanish, or Korean strongly preferred
- Knowledge of F-1 and B1/B2 visa regulations and SEVIS (Student & Exchange Visitor Information System
- Relevant immigration regulation, advisement, and compliance experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
This position is full time from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday with a one hour lunch break each day.
A F International College is a small, personable English institute in downtown Los Angeles, in a modern yet comfortable high rise setting where students can make friends easily and develop their English skills fast. It is the mission of AFI to enable students to develop authentic English language skills and the cultural awareness to be competent in professional and social environments. As an institution, we strive for excellence in education and student services. We are committed to employing qualified, talented staff and instructors who support the use of independent, student-centered learning strategies. We recognize our responsibility to represent the ESL community through ethical, legal, and caring treatment of international students.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $30.00 /hour