Are you a seasoned designer with a strategic mind-set and excellent communication and facilitation skills? Are you passionate about creating holistic solutions that are meaningful for users? Do you believe that the health industry should evolve and be reshaped? Design thinking is an emerging focus for the Office of the CTO in CVS Health. We've made investments in getting the technologists ready and now need to build our research and design capabilities. YOU will be one of the first 'feet' on the street for design partnering with a few key individuals with a strong background such as yours. As part of this effort, you and the team can set the cadence for this cultural change.
We believe in teamwork, kindness, complex projects, and simple solutions. We are looking for a like-minded Senior Service Designer with the experience, passion, skills and determination to help us rethink what healthcare services should look like one project at a time. We are looking to top talent to help share and develop design methods and tools within Aetna/CVS Health
- Conceptualize and define the methodology to solve business, operations and technology-related challenges - design thinking is new to the organization, and the office of the CTO is taking the lead on what it will become
- Scope, prepare and participate in research tasks and service design projects
- Plan and facilitate workshops and host co-creation sessions
- Analyze and synthesize field and online data into user journeys and service maps that enable new/improved service experiences
- Identify main insights and translate them into service concepts that can be visualized, prototyped and tested
- Stay updated on the latest developments/trends/thinking within the design field and share your knowledge and thoughts with colleagues
- A professional with 5+ years of practical work experience, with strategic design and research.
- Fluent in the use of service design techniques like value proposition, journey mapping, service specification, blueprinting, testing, etc.
- Proficient in sketching, visualizing, prototyping and testing of service solutions in both early and late stages of development
- Up-to-date on the latest techniques/trends/thinking with your field, and ready to share your knowledge and thoughts with both colleagues and clients
- Interested in mapping how technology can/should be incorporated into solutions to make them operationally feasible
- Problem solver with ideas that challenge the ordinary, along with the drive and patience to bring them to life
- Strong facilitator and presenter, and an excellent written and verbal communicator
- Amazing team player with a great sense of humor; willingness to help attitude, who fundamentally believes that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
***Travel - predominantly in the NE USA.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.