Aetna International is looking for a high energy, insurance professional who is driven to grow our business in the Toronto and Southwestern Ontario, Canada area. We have a new business sales opening for Aetna International products and services in support of profitable growth and other business objectives. This individual will be tasked to develop and cultivate strong relationships with key constituents (producers (brokers), plan sponsors and/or consumers depending on business) to maximize sales opportunities and achieve profitable growth.
Fundamental Components & Physical Requirements (include but are not limited to):
- Meets assigned sales, retention and profitability objectives and seeks opportunities for profitable growth.
- Identifies various ways to partner with the client by drawing from entire spectrum of product line illustrating a keen understanding of client's multifaceted needs and benefits of Aetna's full product array (e.g., fully vs. self-insured, combination of products and/or covers a range of industries).
- Draws from entire spectrum of product line and seeks opportunities to execute cross-sell strategies and add other lines of business.
- Ensures product, pricing and services meet client's needs while meeting Aetna revenue growth and profit objectives.
- Manages and builds producer relations as needed depending on book of business or market segment(s) being supported.
- Coordinates sales materials, testimonials and subject matter expert involvement in support of the successful delivery of constituent presentations. May participate in constituent meetings including finals presentations.
- Develops/maintains and communicates expertise on products, industry and emerging marketplace trends.
- Thoroughly analyzes and reviews reports and utilization to consult with customers, implement appropriate interventions and drive mutually beneficial outcomes for the customer and Aetna.
- Analyzes and reviews reports/data and utilization to assist the customers in understanding key drivers of benefits cost. Recommends solutions based on data.
- Coordinates resources to ensure a successful case installation of new products and services.
6-8 years industry and sales experience and Multi-functional experience, e.g., underwriting. Group or International benefits expertise is preferential.
Education and Certification Requirements:
College degree or equivalent experience.
Must have an active LLQP Life License in Canada/Province. If not currently licensed, employment will be contingent upon securing a license within 6 months of employment. Sales Comp plan cannot be paid until LLQP is obtained. Until that period, the compensation is strictly base salary.
Office and Travel Requirements:
This position requires working from our Toronto office as well as travelling. There may be significant national travel involved, approximately 40% travel and outside sales.