Aetna Plywood, Inc. is one of the largest wholesale distributors of wood, wood related, laminate, solid surface, quartz, hardware and other industrial products in the country. We are a premier Midwest distributor with over 80 years in the industry.
We are seeking an experienced Architectural and Design Specification Representative to call work with Architects, Designers, Kitchen and Bath Dealers, Fabricators, Contractors Hospitals (within key industry segments), and other companies or individuals involved in the process of specifying and using the product(s) being promoted.
Requirements of the Specification Representative:
- Experience as a Specification Rep working in the industry
- Experience promoting products to Architects, Designers, Kitchen and Bath Dealers, Fabricators, Contractors and Hospitals
- Experience running promotional campaigns (trade shows, product launches, open houses)
Duties of the Specification Representative:
- Travel: Two overnights per week
- Green Product-Specialists.
- Stay current of Leed, Greencard, and CARB FSC.
- Direct Franchise Accounts
- Personal calls to Architects, Designers, Kitchen and Bath Dealers, Fabricators, Contractors Hospitals (within key industry segments), and other companies or individuals involved in the process of specifying and using the product(s) being promoted.
- Plan and execute promotional programs within agreed upon budgets (product launches, mail campaign, trade shows, customer open houses, involvement in local, regional or national trade associations, liking with vendors advertising and promotions to heighten impact and effectiveness). The representative should take the lead in this area while working closely with management and other Aetna branch personnel.
- Use customer and prospect contact activities tool and systems, and update relevant information held in these systems.
- Use project tracking software on a weekly basis in order to gain relevant information regarding opportunities available in the market place.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
- Communicate, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Use current and newly developed relevant knowledge, techniques, and skills.
- Attain training as directed to develop relevant knowledge, techniques, and skills.
Benefits of the Specification Representative
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Insurance Package
- Profit Sharing
Job Type: Full-time