Aetna Finance Service Delivery - FSD - is growing! This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the FSD General Accounting team. Our team's mission is to provide timely, accurate & quality financial support & services. Amid Aetna’s ongoing transformation, opportunities to improve processes and have an influence on the direction of the company are prosperous.
This position will be part of the Audit Support and Continuous Improvement team and will be focused on Cash accounting. Elements of the role include timely and accurate processing of cash related journal entries, research and resolution for unknown cash items, process improvements/simplification and other cash related projects.
This position will be involved in many production functions related to cash as well as different projects, both small and large in scope. Some key responsibilities of the position will include:
- Prepare more complex accounting entries.
- Review journal entries and account reconciliations prepared by others.
- Identify and interpret new reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Meet prescribed turnaround times for certain deliverables.
- Provide accurate and timely financial analysis.
- Proper usage of the chart of accounts.
- Coordinate accounting matters with other departments and locations.
- Coordinate several projects often involving multi-disciplinary teams.
- Research, analyze, and proactively seek solutions to existing/new processes.
- Leading and participating in various department-wide projects.
- 2-4 years relevant experience in accounting
- Prior experience leading or taking a lead role in a project team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Self- initiating, highly motivated individual comfortable working in entrepreneurial environment.
Additional Job Information:
- Possess strong analytical skills and be inherently inquisitive
- Strong Excel and technical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
- Customer service mindset
This team is a lot of fun to be a part of and is very dynamic in how we manage staff workloads. Team members must be adaptable and comfortable with frequent change and should want to be get involved in new work regularly. What makes us strong as a department is that we always keep operations running smoothly despite any issues that may arise. It is critical that the person fulfilling this role has a strong customer service mindset and always thinks about their role as one of providing services to other business areas. Timeliness of responding to requests and follow through to ensure all issues are brought to closure are very important aspects of this role.
Leadership - Creating Accountability, General Business - Communicating for Impact, Finance - Servicing Customers Profitably
General Business - Applying Reasoned Judgment, General Business - Maximizing Work Practices, Leadership - Collaborating for Results
Finance - Financial & accounting policy, Finance - Financial reporting and analysis, Finance - Financial reporting and analysis - internal control
Aetna Application - Integrated Finance Systems, Database - Microsoft Access, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel
Potential Telework Position:
Percent of Travel Required:
0 - 10%
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Candidate Privacy Information:
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.