Aesop has carefully cultivated a work environment in which our employees are constantly challenged to do their best. Our company is determinedly creative, intelligent and progressive, and nurtures these qualities by employing people who share our passionate interest in design, innovation, and incisive enquiry across all fields.
Our organisational culture is entirely unique, distinguished by an uncommon blend of courtesy, cordiality and intellectual energy. We seek those who can bring a wealth of life experience and inspired ideas to our table.
In return, we provide comprehensive induction and training programmes, and encourage an inclusive culture that nurtures enduring professional relationships. We also appreciate the benefits that flow from our employees’ external pursuits.
We raise our bar high at Aesop and never lower it; this is one of the keys to our success and one of the many reasons why people wish to work here. If you would like to join Aesop, we invite you to peruse our current career opportunities.
The Marketing Manager drives the local marketing plans to support acquisition, retention and brand equity objectives across the market. With a key focus on the animation of our retail stores and counters, the Marketing Manager defines clear priorities and selects Aesop marketing tools (campaigns, visual merchandising, partnerships, customer experiences, and digital communications) to effectively support our business objectives.
Working in partnership with the Commercial Director and the Regional Marketing team, the Marketing Manager builds a collaborative relationship with regional colleagues to influence regional plans, and in turn drives impeccable execution of marketing plans together with retail and Visual Merchandising teams.
An external advocate for Aesop values, the Marketing Manager develops relationships with individuals and partner organizations and generates scalable brand opportunities for Aesop within the market.
Local Marketing Activations
- Strategy and planning: Identify key opportunities to activate the market, through campaigns, VM, partnerships, events or experiences. Build and update local marketing calendar, plan annual budget.
- Campaigns: Oversee campaign execution and ensure campaign effectively supports our business. Identify opportunities to enhance campaign experience / execution through elevated gestures (sampling, VM, experiences, etc.)
- Local activations: Collaborate with regional team to create and execute scalable retail activations, including shopping events, product workshops and/or campaign-themed events, partnerships.
- Store Openings: Oversee new market entry and new store openings plans to generate awareness and support customer acquisition.
- Communications: Oversee communication plan (digital and social) to support all local marketing initiatives. Provide input into regional PR activations and ensure local activations are leveraged effectively.
- Partnerships: Develop relationships with partner organizations and identify brand advocates to generate opportunities for the brand.
- Amenities: Provide feedback on amenities proposals and work in partnership with Commercial Director to ensure the market portfolio effectively supports brand awareness while maintaining brand positioning.
- Insights & Analysis: Drive or participate in post-analysis discussions with Marketing Analyst and communicate results to stakeholders.
- Oversee marketing training and coaching for store managers and retail business managers and ensure retail population is engaged with marketing goals and activations.
- Work with regional teams to ensure appropriate tools are available for store-led activations, propose improvements, and new ideas.
- Manage, train, mentor and develop the local Marketing Coordinator.
- Work in close partnership with VM to ensure alignment around market objectives.
- Act as a strong voice for the brand guidelines within the market.
- Function as a key point of contact between regional and local team members. Advocate for local marketing needs in discussions with the regional team (and global team when relevant.)
- Oversee product inventory management and vendor appointments.
- Track budget expenditure on a monthly basis.
KEY AESOP CAPABILITIES
- Influencing: Involving others, and by doing so, respectfully persuading them to commit to ideas and support outcomes.
- Building Partnerships: Building and maintaining the relationships needed to achieve results.
- Creativity & Change: Promoting change and creative improvement, and adapting effectively to new approaches.
- Decisions & directions: Analysing information and committing to a course of action.
- Client focus: Ensuring internal and external client needs are considered when making decisions.
- Developing others: Supporting others to grow and develop.
- Execution: Taking accountability for achieving goals, and tenaciously completing work of consistent excellence.
- Empowering: Making the most of opportunities to share responsibilities and tasks with others.
KEY CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- 3 years marketing management experience, preferably in retail.
- Business acumen, ability to prioritize and use insights to define and adapt marketing investments.
- Experience driving online and offline marketing activations.
- Track record with building strong relationships and delivering effective communication to drive team collaboration.
- Creative thinking and ability challenge the status quo.