Aesop has carefully cultivated a work environment in which our employees are constantly challenged to do their best. Our company is determinedly creative, intelligent and progressive, and nurtures these qualities by employing people who share our passionate interest in design, innovation, and incisive enquiry across all fields.
Our organisational culture is entirely unique, distinguished by an uncommon blend of courtesy, cordiality and intellectual energy. We seek those who can bring a wealth of life experience and inspired ideas to our table.
In return, we provide comprehensive induction and training programmes, and encourage an inclusive culture that nurtures enduring professional relationships. We also appreciate the benefits that flow from our employees’ external pursuits.
We raise our bar high at Aesop and never lower it; this is one of the keys to our success and one of the many reasons why people wish to work here. If you would like to join Aesop, we invite you to peruse our current career opportunities.
The Marketing Coordinator supports the local marketing plans to drive acquisition, retention and brand equity across the market. With a key focus on the animation of our retail stores and counters, the Marketing Coordinator implements campaigns, customer experiences, and partnerships to effectively support our business objectives.
Working in partnership with the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator acts a strong partner for retail managers (Retail Business Managers and Store Managers), supporting them with planning and executing local and neighbourhood activations.
The Marketing Coordinator oversees all marketing asset production, including print assets and translations, maintaining impeccable execution and strong relationships with vendors.
Local Marketing Activations
- Campaigns : Implement retail marketing campaigns in partnership with Visual Merchandising(VM), Training & Performance, and Retail Business Managers (RBMs); ensure quality and timeliness of the execution. Identify opportunities to enhance campaign experience / execution through elevated gestures (sampling, VM, experiences, etc.)
- Local activations : Collaborate with regional team to create and execute scalable retail activations, including shopping events, product workshops and/or campaign-themed events, partnership.
- Store Openings : Create marketing plans (including pre-, mid- and post-opening) for new market entry and new store openings in order to generate brand awareness and in-store traffic.
- Communications : Implement communication plan (social and digital) to support all local marketing initiatives, partner with regional stakeholders to deploy digital, social and PR amplification.
- Partnerships: Support Marketing Manager in developing relationships with partner organizations and advocates.
- Insights & Analysis : Participate in post-analysis discussions and support reporting efforts.
- PR : Execute mailers and assist with on-the-grounds PR logistics (travel arrangements, tracking and monitoring, etc.)
- Conduct training for store managers and retail business managers to implement neighbourhood marketing activations.
- Support RBMs in defining marketing objectives for their stores, assessing store managers’ activation proposals and providing feedback on suitability, scale and execution. Animate conversation across own market to share learnings and ideas.
- Support Marketing Manager in identifying appropriate tools needed for store-led activations, propose improvements, and new ideas.
- Inspire retail team to meet campaign goals and work in close partnership with Training & Performance and VM to support and address performance issues throughout the campaign.
- Work in close partnership with VM to ensure alignment around market objectives.
- Act as a strong voice for the brand guidelines within the market.
- Support Marketing Manager in establishing strong communication lines between regional and local team members. Advocate for local marketing needs in discussions with the regional team.
- Manage product inventory. Organize product donations and occasional sampling activities to partner organizations or influencers.
- Manage production of all printed assets, ensure timely delivery and payments. Manage the relationship with vendors to drive the best outcomes.
- Organize translations of assets where relevant.
- Influencing: Involving others, and by doing so, respectfully persuading them to commit to ideas and support outcomes.
- Building Partnerships: Building and maintaining the relationships needed to achieve results.
- Creativity & Change: Promoting change and creative improvement, and adapting effectively to new approaches.
- Decisions & directions: Analysing information and committing to a course of action.
- Client focus: Ensuring internal and external client needs are considered when making decisions.
- Developing others: Supporting others to grow and develop.
- Execution: Taking accountability for achieving goals, and tenaciously completing work of consistent excellence.
- Empowering: Making the most of opportunities to share responsibilities and tasks with others.
- 1-3 experience in a marketing coordinator role.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize and work with multiple deadlines.
- Strong organization skills, experience with event and/or campaign production a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Track record with building strong relationships.
This will be a 1 year contract with opportunities for extension and permanent employment.