Are you an enthusiastic engineer with a focus on project management, looking to hone your skills with a dynamic, growing company? The role will encompass a variety of tasks, including building construction and infrastructure projects with a team of people and with the opportunity for career progression.
If this sounds like it might be a fit for you, we have an opportunity for an senior project manager to join our Calgary team.
Work for an industry leader. At AES, you'll have the opportunity to work with some of the best minds in the industry on exciting projects such 4th Avenue Boutique Hotel, The Calgary Zoo and Foothills Medical Centre. Our slogan "Designing a Better Tomorrow" inspires us to achieve quality standards in everything we do.
Contemporary Offices. Our open-concept offices encourage team collaboration. Our downtown locations are close to transit, have lots of food options, and convenient amenities nearby (public parking, parks, grocery stores, gym). But don't take our word for it, check out our website!
Culture. We get it done! Our team works hard and are rewarded for it. We are tech savvy and use Office 365 with the full set of collaborative tools. Our culture of curiosity, research and education keeps us at the forefront of what makes our clients successful and contributes to our role as "thought leaders".
Opportunity. Our firm was established in 2001 and has sustained year-over-year revenue growth, with 4 locations, and 100+ employees. If you have the skills and the drive, this is the place to be. Prove yourself and move up.
Qualified candidates must be able to complete projects independently, applying his/her engineering knowledge to project work from conceptual design through to completion on both new construction and renovation projects. This will include design of power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, communication, low tension, and life safety systems. Working conditions are primarily in-office from 8:00am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, and occasionally at construction sites (observation).
Description of Duties
Prepare design and contract documents (reports, drawings and specifications) for electrical design for commercial, recreational, institutional, and transportation infrastructure, buildings and structures.
Respond to tender queries regarding contract documents.
- Assist in evaluating tenders.
Provide construction phase field services.
Provide mentorship and coaching to technicians, technologist and junior staff.
Liaison with architects, designer and other professionals.
Attend industry networking events.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
Diploma or Degree in Electrical Engineering; relevant advanced degree desirable.
Professional engineering license (P.Eng. and/or P.E.) with Canadian and/or US experience. Candidate will be required to register as a P.Eng. with APEGA.
- Additional credentials preferred (e.g. LEED, PMP, RCDD, LC, CLD, IALD, CTS).
Minimum 8 years of experience in the building construction industry with increasing responsibility.
- Familiarity with Canadian Building Codes and the Canadian Electrical Code as well as referenced standards.
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems design including power, lighting, fire alarm, communications, and security systems.
- Experience delivering projects in a broad range of sectors including acute care hospital new construction and major renovation, international airports, light rapid transit stations, office buildings, recreational centers, universities, colleges and secondary schools, swimming pools, shopping malls, and skating rinks.
- Ability to lead the electrical engineering for a project from conception to completion, including RFP submissions, concept design, schematic design, design development, contract documentation, specifications and contract administration.
Experience attending design coordination meetings with Interior Designers, Architects, and Owners.
- Experience with construction phase related services.
- Ability to coordinate with other disciplines and clients.
Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, meet quick deadlines, and handle multiple projects.
- Organized; able to prioritize various tasks and have a flexible approach to assignments.
Extended health benefits and insurance coverage subsidy
Tuition reimbursement and professional development
Boxing day off in addition to statutory holidays and vacation accrual
To be considered for the Senior Project Manager position, please submit your resume and cover letter to our careers page: https://aesengr.com/careers/