Established in 1987, Aeroquest Mapcon is a professional geospatial service company that specializes in aerial survey and mapping services. Our company provides services to a wide range of applications across various industries. Aeroquest Mapcon is looking for a Junior Geomatics / GIS Technician. Experience in geodesy, photogrammetric mapping, GIS, and technical writing are essential for this position. The candidate must show demonstrable skills in clear and concise verbal and written communication.
Reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager, the Junior Geomatics / GIS Technician will be responsible for map production and GIS support on a day to day basis with a solid understanding of GIS software.
Geomatics / GIS Technician responsibilities include:
- Providing GIS expertise in development and implementation of the customer solutions.
- Assist with orthophotography and base map generation through the use of Photoshop, ArcMap, and other GIS/Mapping software
- Assist with the building, testing, documentation, installation and training of customized applications integrated with our production workflow.
- Work closely with the project team to ensure project objectives are met.
- Proactively pursue self-instruction on all relevant technical topics.
Specific skill requirements:
- 2+ years' experience with GIS / Geomatics applications.
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Photoshop and Esri products such as ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS for Desktop (Pro, ArcMap) ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS for Server
- Experience configuring ArcGIS applications including Web AppBuilder
- Experience developing scripts using Python
- Working knowledge of relational databases e.g. SQLServer, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Degree/Diploma in geography/geosciences with postgraduate qualification in GIS, or equivalent education and experience.
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Desire to participate in continual, self-directed learning
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills / relationship building.
- Time management / multi-tasking ability.
- Excellent communication / presentation skills.
- Customer oriented, good problem solver, team player with excellent communications skills.
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
Aeroquest Mapcon provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team-based approach.
Job Type: Contract