Role: Service Desk Analyst I (Co-op)
Job Family: Technical Operations
This posting is for a January 2019 position with an 8 month term.
Who is Boeing Vancouver?
Boeing Vancouver is based in Richmond, B.C., and we have been an integral part of the Boeing Company since 2000. We create world-class aircraft operations information technology products and services, used by airlines around the world. We are looking to expand our team with people who seek an exciting, challenging opportunity with one of the most sought after employers in the world: Boeing.
Not only do you get to work for a Fortune 100 company, but you also get to be part of entrepreneurial environment of a growing local success story. Basically, you get the best of both worlds. At Boeing Vancouver we offer a unique proven combination of stability, growth, and cool technology, including new development in mobile, analytics and the cloud.
The IT Service Desk Analyst I is the first point of contact for requesting service and support from the Boeing Vancouver IT Department. In addition to registering trouble-tickets, the Service Desk Analyst I will provides first-level IT support (hardware/software), assists with end-user MAC requests (Move, Add, Change), IT inventory management.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide first-level IT support by Phone, E-mail, Instant Messaging, In-person requests which may include:
- Desktop Support
- Application installation and support
- User account password resets
- Printing issues
- Create service requests (IT-Requests) for technical issues and requests
- Categorize, prioritize and maintain detailed information in all service requests
- Manage request queue and monitor “aging” tickets and provide status updates and follow-up
- Assist with desktop deployments including Add, Move and Change requests.
- Assists with IT inventory management (desktop, monitor, telephones, etc.) tracking
- Assists with Audio Visual (projectors, video conferencing, etc.) support for meetings, conferences and special events.
- Participates as an individual contributor and collaborator on corporate IT projects lead by Systems Administrators and Manager of IT
- Performs administrative and other related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift moderately heavy equipment (e.g. servers, desktops, printers, etc.)
- Compliance with all Boeing Vancouver policies, procedures and training requirements.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service, communication skills; professional, courteous, and highly service-oriented
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Highly service-oriented, energetic, flexible, reliable, motivated and professional individual who thrives in fast-paced, dynamic environments.
- Reliable, responsible, conscientious, and self-motivated; ability to follow detailed tasks to completion with minimal supervision
- Strong desktop support with Windows XP/Vista/7. Experience with Mac OS a plus.
- Strong experience with mobile device management including smartphones and tablets.
- Strong understanding of desktop/laptop hardware
- Experience installing Windows client operating systems, applications and desktop imaging
- Co-op student studying towards Information Systems or Business Degree
- CompTIA A+ Certified Technician or Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) is preferred
Must currently be in formal Co-op program
Must be currently enrolled in school