Serves as the top employee for the assigned business unit responsible for leading and continually maturing (via discipline leading best practices) the Business Intelligence function for the assigned business unit. Serves as the business unit SME and advisor for all business intelligence related needs. Also, leads and develops the business intelligence plan, including methodology and deliverables. Creates and maintains a repository of sources, information and findings. Analyzes and interprets research findings, and reports this information to business unit and corporate stakeholders. Completes and communicates key imperatives with both U.S. and global Marketing team members. Responsible for analyzing critical intelligence and offering recommendations based on that data to guide key business unit plans and decision, including the Long Range Business Plan (LRBP), annual business unit Kickoff strategic plans, business cases and competitive strategies based on marketing share and win/loss data.
- Serves as the lead Business Intelligence focal for the assigned organization (and advises staff performing this work.) Serves as the designated business intelligence subject matter expert for the assigned organization. This position is the first and central place people go for information, support or ideas about how to research information about and for the business unit. Provides direction and dotted-line guidance to global Marketing team members - the Business Intelligence Specialist/Marketing Promotions Coordinators.
- Leads the definition and implementation of best practices for business intelligence collection, analysis and communication for the assigned business unit. Develops and maintains a business intelligence repository that is accessible, secure, easy to use and filled with timely, needed data.
- With limited direction, leads strategic development of and executes the business intelligence plan for the assigned business unit. Ensures tools & resources for gathering and processing information. Determines the research and analysis needs and crafts them into a strategic plan for collecting, analyzing and reporting business intelligence information.
- Determines the research and analysis needs of the assigned business unit and crafts them into a strategic plan for collecting, analyzing and reporting business intelligence information. Researches, analyzes and reports data for prioritized business intelligence needs supporting the assigned business unit. This includes market share analysis, LRBP data and other business critical data used to guide the most important business decisions for the assigned business unit and Jeppesen as a whole.
- Sets the course and prioritization of all business intelligence work for the assigned business unit. With limited direction, ensures the prioritization of business intelligence projects meets the needs and expectations of the business. Processes working agreements with stakeholders and Marketing team peers. Determines budget and spending for the business unit for all business unit needs. Creates the recommended prioritization and leads/implements the work depending on bandwidth and available internal expertise. Communicates and confirms these priorities with the Leadership Team for the assigned business unit.
Degree in a related field of study and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Regularly contributes to the development of new job practices, techniques, and standards. Recognized as a job expert within the department/organization.
- Develops solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Performs work with minimal direction and exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
- Effects of decisions are long lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results may result in the significant expenditure of company resources.
- Serves as subject matter expert to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.