The Quality Analyst designs and performs detailed audits and analyses of IT and Application Development projects to identify and support the correction of quality gaps. This role is also responsible for implementing reporting processes in order to track quality improvements, enhance current systems, define and prioritize high-value quality projects and manage quality audit projects to completion. The Quality Analyst works to develop standardized auditing methods and techniques, which facilitate the quality checking process. This role reports to the Manager, Quality Assurance & Resource Management.
- Develop quality plans, quality standards and documented measures taken to ensure that products and services will meet the requirements.
- Assist in establish tools for monitoring, assessing and evaluating how development and corporate processes perform.
- Apply quality tools and techniques to facilitate the resolution of quality issues and to determine causes of quality issues.
- Establish effective and repeatable processes to maintain quality data and defining quality audit processes.
- Identify and leverage opportunities to improve the quality management processes, systems, and standards.
- Train and articulate to stakeholders the benefits and need for quality checking.
- Effectively execute audits to ensure comprehension, development, and completion of corrective/ preventive action with regards to any nonconformities.
- Work closely with clients and internal business units to resolve any quality issues.
- Support the gathering and reporting of quality metrics.
- Conduct and present analysis of quality issues and trends to identify risk/ exposure/ improvement areas.
- Manage techniques to increase the efficiency of producing regular reports; part of this will include identifying the most effective methods of information dissemination and ensuring delivery against specific requirements from the management team.
Experience and Qualifications
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
Minimum of 4 years of experience working in fast paced, dynamic IT environment.
Experience implementing quality standards for all phases of the software development lifecycle which include but are not limited to: test planning, technical reviews, defect tracking and release management.
- Experience with at least one quality management or process improvement framework such as CMMI or ISO-9001.
- Experienced with the Software Development Life-Cycle and software engineering best practices.
Statistical Process Control skills as applied to projects as well as the Quality organization.
- Knowledge of Cost of Software Quality (CoSQ) methodology for Quality team adoption purposes.
- Trouble Shooting