Aeris Technologies Inc., a startup developing next-generation laser-based gas analyzers used for quantifying greenhouse gas emissions, atmospheric pollutants, and natural gas leaks, is seeking engineers for full-time positions at Aeris's headquarters in Hayward, CA.
As an Instrument Integration and Test Engineer at Aeris, you will be responsible for assembly and test of our state-of-the-art trace gas analyzers. We are seeking competent, motivated candidates that possess suitable skills, including familiarity with opto-mechanical systems, testing software, as well as excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and clear communication abilities. New hires will be trained to be eventually responsible of the assembly and test of the new instrument builds as well as their documentation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assembly and test of instruments and associated components including optical, electrical, and mechanical sub-assemblies.
- Load and configure product software.
- Calibration and documentation of final product.
- Assist in revision of assembly procedure documents to streamline processes.
- Assist staff scientists in set-up, execution, and data capture for research and development experiments.Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors, Associates degree or certificate in related technical fields (preferably engineering, science, instrumentation and/or optical technology) with at least two years of applicable experience in instrumentation integration and test.
- Ability to handle sensitive electronic components, including use of multimeters, oscilloscopes, and other electronic test equipment.
- Ability to work safely with compressed gas tanks and related equipment.
- Practical experience with computers and programming language for bench tests such as Labview.
- Proactive, organized, self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision after initial training.
- US Work authorization documentation (citizenship, green card, work Visa, etc).Desired Additional Skills:
- Excellent soldering, wiring and assembly skills.
- Familiarity with Linux and embedded programming environment.
- Familiarity with CAD viewer software for reviewing build documentation.
- Familiar and comfortable with safe use of hand tools and small power tools.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset by learning and being a proactive member of the team.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative