Aerial X Equipment is an aerospace industry specialized in aerial firefighting containment system with highly sophisticated and complex products. Aerial X Equipment developing and manufacturing aerial firefighting delivery system that is attached to aircraft mainly for medium and heavy lift helicopters.
Summary of Position:
The Industrial Engineer with aerospace experiences and manufacturing process will work directly with plant managers, engineers and operations employees to focus on improving current process efficiency, material flow, labor productivity, quality, safety and space utilization. The position is responsible for contributing knowledge, production assembly, performing analysis, developing solutions, justifying investment, managing implementation projects, integrating systems with processes, providing training, and measuring results.
- You have a degree in Industrial engineering with extensive aerospace experience and manufacturing production.
- You have a minimum of 5 years applicable experience in a large scale aerospace manufacturing environment, preferably at the OEM or Tier 1 supplier level.
- Have extensive experience in aerospace manufacturing
- Have the ability to lead and manage projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Have working knowledge of labour cost accounting and estimating.
- Have knowledge and experience of applying lean manufacturing techniques.
- Have strong written and communication skills.
- Have physical ability to do assembly, production and manufacturing work
- Have functional experience in production planning, inventory management and warehousing
- Have strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint, MS project and Access
- Preferred Bilingual written and verbal communication skills (English and French)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position.
- CAD/CAM, simulation and FEA manufacturing product design and Product Development
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators
- Develops and analysis manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements
- Design and analysis cost control system. Rectification of causes of failure and poor quality
- Evaluation of performances to improve productivity and moral of workers
- Selection of supplier and material
- Contribute in assembly, production and manufacturing work. Requires using tools, machines and occasional heavy lifting
- Provides guidance, training and technical expertise for assigned areas and products of responsibility. Organizing training programs to improve the performance of workers
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data, Share best practice documentation, tools and key learning's across the organization, incorporating design changes into production documentation
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Recommend expenditures, specify equipment, source vendors and support contracting for capital projects
- Tracking project status and results; anticipating and removing project barriers; and developing team members
- Utilize improvement and analysis methods, such as strategic planning, operations research, Value Stream Mapping, Lean Thinking, Six Sigma, facility and work cell design, product slotting, IT systems integration, performance measurement, benchmarking, financial analysis, and cost justification
- Ensure projects are integrated and aligned with business strategy and coordinated with the appropriate process owners to accomplish key goals
- Acts as the focal point for all product-related technical issues
- Have to make sure that the system is designed so that people can and will work safely
- Deliver goods and services to the customer with the quality that the customer wants
- Duties of the position are performed in a manufacturing environment with frequent exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, operating machinery, temperature extremes, hazardous substances, etc.
- Duties may require extended periods of sitting, standing and sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on numbers and other detailed data.
- Repetitive manual and physical movements (e.g., data entry, product installation, using power tools. using equipment, manufacturing, using a computer mouse, using a calculator, etc.) are frequently required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Industrial Engineering: 5 years (Required)