Help us put WiFi to work.
Aerial provides a unique cloud-based solution that leverages existing WiFi infrastructure and AI to give meaning to motion. We aim to become the wireless standard for smart motion detection through continuous innovation, passion, and inventiveness for the smart home, home care, security, healthcare and hospitality applications. Based in Montreal, we also operate from two regional offices in the USA and Europe.
Here's a video featuring our Chief Technical Officer and Director of AI where they describe some of the capabilities of our platform:
What does the job entail?
We are looking for an Embedded Software Developer with experience building applications for embedded environments. As a member of our Software Development, you will play a leading role in designing and implementing our innovative, WiFi-motion detection services.
What you'll do:
- Design and implement our Software Development Kit
- Design software for our supported hardware platforms, with a focus on various system features, inter-system communication mechanisms, and internal tools
- Participate to our agile software process (scrum, sprint planning, code reviews, continuous integration)
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverable's
What does the successful candidate "look like"?
Here are the typical points that we're looking for:
In a perfect world you would also have:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in embedded software development in C
- Work experience with Linux driver, kernel and BSP
- Familiar with client server communications and associated APIs
- Expertise writing multi-threaded, asynchronous software
- Experience with embedded systems development tools and boot loaders
- Proficiency in Git
- Familiarity with message-based communication protocols such as MQTT
- Knowledge of and experience with Python
- Working experience with WiFi networks
- Experience with SSL/TLS, Authentication, and other security protocols
- Familiarity with agile development and tools such as JIRA
- Working experience in startup environments
What's in it for you?
You will have the opportunity to join at an early phase and be an important member of our growing team. You will work in a fast-paced and stimulating environment and will participate in our employee stock option plan. Not to mention you will have the opportunity to help us develop a new and exciting technology that has the ability to change people's lives all over the world!
What can I expect when I submit my application?
Our recruitment partner will review your application and either schedule a conversation with you or let you know that we're passing on your candidacy within 5 business days.
What does the interview process involve?
The first step of our selection process is a conversation with our recruitment partner where they will focus on the human side of things and answer any questions you may have. Assuming you exhibit a high potential to be successful in our environment during your initial conversation, we'll invite you to have a technical conversation with some of our engineers and leadership. Assuming you're one of our finalists, we'll be sure to give you a tour of the office and introduce you to some of your future teammates. Throughout the process, we want to make sure that we're the right fit for each other - both technically and culturally - so please feel welcome to interview us and ask us questions at every step.
What is our targeted start date for this role?
We're motivated to hire for this role now, we'd like to have our new teammate on board as soon as possible.
What if I have more questions before I apply?
No worries at all! If you have additional questions prior to submitting your application, please feel free to reach out to Patrice Belmonte via LinkedIn.
Aerial is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation in any aspect of our selection process, please contact Patrice Belmonte at email@example.com ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).