Help us put WiFi to work.
Aerial provides a unique cloud-based solution that leverages existing wireless infrastructure and machine learning to give context, meaning and value to motion. Aerial's passive and contextual solutions do not require users to interact with them, they recognize users and background. We aim at becoming the wireless standard for smart motion detection through continuous innovation, passion, simplicity and inventiveness for the smart home, home care, security, healthcare and targeted media applications. Aerial's headquarters is based in Canada; we also operate from two regional offices in the USA and in Europe.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Back-End Developer with experience building scale-able SaaS applications. As a Back-End Developer, you will develop SaaS modules that are part of our innovative WiFi motion detection application - all within a new environment with zero legacy.
What you'll do:
What you bring to the table:
- Design and implement innovative features and high-quality code
- Work closely with the R&D and QA teams Participate to our agile software process (scrum, sprint planning, code reviews, continuous integration)
- Participate in the entire application life-cycle
- Document code and design
In a perfect world you would also have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software development
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience designing and developing back-end services for a SaaS product solution
- Experience designing and building highly scalable services and REST APIs that support multiple clients
- Familiarity with at least one public cloud provider (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure) and their associated computing and database services
- Work experience with several cloud technologies and platforms such as: Consul, Kafka, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Hadoop, Redis, Spark, etc.
- Proficiency in a Linux environment
- Knowledge and experience with Java, Python and/or Go
- Familiar with Web API documentation and modeling tools such as Swagger, RAML, Blueprint and Postman
- AWS Certification
- Familiarity with agile development and tools such as JIRA
- Working experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with IoT services
- Familiarity with startup environments
What's in it for you?
You will have the opportunity to join at an early phase and be an important member of our growing team. You will work in a fast pace and stimulating environment and will participate in our employee stock option plan. Not to mention you will have the opportunity to help us develop a new and exciting technology that has the ability to change people's lives all over the world!
What can I expect when I submit my application?
We will review your application and either schedule a conversation with you or let you know that we're passing on your candidacy within 5 business days.
What does the interview process involve?
The first step is a conversation where the focus will be on the human side of things. If you exhibit a high potential to be successful in our environment, a short video interview will allow you to demonstrate your suitability for the role. After we review your response, you may be asked to talk shop with some of our engineers and leaders. Assuming you're one of our finalists, we'll be sure to give you a tour of the office and introduce you to some of your future teammates. Throughout the process, we want to make sure that we're the right fit for each other - both technically and culturally - so please interview us at every step.
What if I have more questions before I apply?
No worries at all! If you have additional questions prior to submitting your application, please feel free to reach out to Patrice Belmonte via LinkedIn. She accepts all connection requests on LinkedIn and does her best to reply to all messages within 24 hours.
Aerial is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation in any aspect of our selection process, please contact Patrice Belmonte at firstname.lastname@example.org.