aeqdigital is a digital agency specializing in product development and UX design. We craft intuitive products that put our clients at the heart of every solution, generating measurable results with every project.
We're currently on the lookout for an exceptionally talented Web Developer who is passionate about technology to join our growing team. If you aren't afraid to push the envelope or get your hands dirty, keep reading! We're looking for a team player who's successfully shipped web applications and supported them in production (experience with Magento is a must!), loves learning quickly and helping our clients achieve their goals. We're looking for someone who values their soft skills as much as their technical ones, understands what it really means to do Agile software development and is ready to work with a ridiculously driven team. Sound like you? Awesome!
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience developing eCommerce solutions
- Proficient with HTML5, CSS3, LESS, responsive design
- Experience with Magento 2.0
- Developed applications using Knockout framework
- Competent with PHP object-oriented programming and MVC applications
- Competent with MySQL-based database concepts
- Experience with Git and Gitflow
- Proficient with MacOS or other UNIX-like operating systems
- Ability to write clean, readable, maintainable code
- Great at balancing technical excellence with delivery
- You've built, broken, fixed and shipped web applications to production
Nice to Have:
- Experience with AWS a plus
- Server-side development experience
- Open-source or community contributions
- Other web frameworks including Angular.js or Ember
- Examples of recent work, including projects on Github
- Any other programming languages and frameworks (we're a team of Polyglots- tell us what excites you!)
- Ability to learn fast (like, really fast) and ready to make a big impact
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies like Scrum. You apply the Agile values to your work and understand how they can add to your team's success.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills. You love mentoring and sharing knowledge with others and communicating complex ideas to others regardless of their background or technical nature.
- Experience working directly with clients and stakeholders. You're a consultant, comfortable interacting with clients to solve their business challenges
- Hands-on expertise discovering, refining and documenting user and system requirements
- Exceptional problem solving and collaboration skills, as well as a wicked sense of humour
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field with equivalent experience
Speed. That's something we're known for around here. We work fast. Really fast. Our team uses Agile methodologies and Lean Startup principles to deliver our clients' projects before the competition. aeqdigital is a divisional brand unit of Aequilibrium Software Inc. (aequilibrium.com), a digital product agency which brings together product managers, designers and developers dedicated to create winning web, mobile and IoT solutions. We plan, design, architect and build technology platforms and products—delivering world-class technology solutions for both established companies and well-funded startups.
Our office is located in downtown Vancouver, steps from the seawall and Waterfront station, and home to tons of shops and eateries. In addition, we offer:
- Competitive compensation rates
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental, and extended health benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Feedback based on regular 1:1s
- Monthly team lunches and birthday celebrations
Learn more about our team: aequilibrium.com/careers
Get social with us!
LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook