The Research Intern will assist the Director and Program Lead with administering summer programs and recording and analyzing data from PJM and utility sources. They will also pursue projects related to energy markets, demand markets, utility programs, or other areas of interest relevant to AEP Energy Products or Programs.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze historic trends in weather and energy usage load data to identify correlations or patterns
- Update customer product enrolment information
- Research utility methodologies and calculations for customer demand contributions. Work with Program Lead to estimate and improve accuracy of internal customer demand calculations
- Research load management strategies and curtailment potential in different industries or by controlling different end uses
- Assist in documenting and recording summer energy loads across PJM and forecasted predictions for future loads
- Assist with customer data analysis and projects - ex. ad hoc Sales requests
- Research Demand Response type programs in both, AEP Energy's footprint and Nationwide
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Strong data driven mind-set with an ability to make quick decisions
- Process driven with meticulous attention to detail
- Problem Solver with minimum supervision
- Strong Research Abilities
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in Technical field
- Proficiency with analysis of large data sets required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel based analysis required
- SQL experience a plus
- Embodies AEP Energy Values
- Highly organized and detail oriented. Ability to prioritize, plan proactively, manage conflicting priorities and multi-task effectively.
- Excellent communication skills - written, spoken, listening with ability to explain and interpret complex issues clearly, mindful of audience.
- Displays confidence in ability and performance on subject and role, exudes subject matter expertise.
- High Emotional IQ -- superior interpersonal skills, diplomacy, win-win mind-set, relationship-builder, able to work with diverse group of colleagues
- Proactive problem-solving ability with results/solutions orientation, identify alternatives and develop unique solutions.
- Work with functional leaders to resolve customer service issues and exceptions and to develop new customer value propositions.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)