AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Position Summary: The VP Marketing will provide leadership and overall strategy to oversee, develop, and employ various
marketing initiatives and branding efforts to achieve long and short-term goals. This position will manage
marketing event and show budgets and develop and lead marketing and advertising plans and campaigns
for major events, shows and tours implementing traditional and non-traditional media. The VP Marketing
will oversee the marketing department and marketing staff.
Provide leadership and overall strategy to oversee, develop, and employ various marketing initiatives,
campaigns and branding efforts to achieve long and short-term goals.
- Develop and oversee marketing and advertising plans for major events, shows and tours implementing
traditional and non-traditional media including managing budgets, media buying, negotiation and promotions.
- Oversee the marketing department including progress and performance to ensure assigned work is completed
correctly, efficiently and on deadline and follow up on work results. Provide mentorship and guidance to develop
marketing staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Develop new strategies by analyzing statistics regarding market development and trends, acquiring and
analyzing data, interpretation of data, consulting with internal and external sources.
- Lead marketing and communications with artist team, management and label on opportunities to increase fan
and brand awareness and ticket sales.
- Collaborate with SVP and booking team to create unique pitches and ideas targeting artists, venues and third
party and promotional partners for major shows and events, residencies and tours.
- Oversee publicity efforts and campaigns for major events, shows and tours including managing and directing
agencies, developing PR plans and events including national and international press junkets and interviews.
- Lead and oversee creative campaigns and process of advertising materials and marketing assets for events,
shows and tours including development of key artwork, broadcast spots and all other marketing collateral.
- Identify short-term and long-term range issues that must be addressed; provide information and commentary
pertinent to deliberations; recommend options and courses of action; and implement directives.
- Maintain marketing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees. Maintain marketing staff job
results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results. Supervise
and delegate the work of marketing staff. Guide, mentor and assist other employees.
- Build and cultivate relationships with artists, artist management, venues and media and promotional partners by
attending live events, networking lunches, meetings
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional
publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in Marketing, Communication, Business or a relate
- A minimum of 10 years of related work experience
- Experience leading and developing productive teams
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Photoshop
- Solid experience working with brand identity, advertising, digital marketing and social media strategy best
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to create and foster relationships
- Knowledge of media buying, negotiating, and documenting agreements
- Knowledge of the music industry and artist demographics
- Strong organizational skill with attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Experience working with and creating budgets
- Experience working as a music promoter a plus
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.