AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Production Accountant is responsible for managing and controlling the financial aspects of project-based budgets for AEG Presents festivals. The job includes preparing schedules and budgets for productions and managing the day-to-day accounting financial reporting against the budgets.
Prepare annual budgets and reforecast based on monthly and annual projected sales and expenses ensuring that allocated budgets are not exceeded.
- Analyze budget data to identify ways to reduce business expenses. Make recommendations to VP Operations and VP Finance to lower costs and increase overall profit. Review upcoming expenses, scheduled labor, supplies needed etc. to ensure budget is efficiently allocated and to prepare for potential overages.
- Responsible for the review and reconciliation of balance sheet, general ledger, accounts receivables and accounts payables. Review, log and code invoices, purchase orders and contractual commitments required in order to process for payment.
- Pull data to create detailed reports to management and finance team. Analyze data and provide insight and recommendations based on trends and projected expenses and return.
- Build budgets in internal ticketing systems. Ensure vendors are set up properly in accounting systems.
- Act as main point between the accounting and production teams.
- Work with other departments on the implementation of Production Accounting Software. Provide feedback to increase use and efficiency. on development of Production Accounting Software with internal management teams.
- Complete budget settlement, ensuring payments are coded correctly.
A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 4 years of related work experience
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of GAAP and best practices
- Strong financial analytical skills with prior experience in finance reporting systems
- Able to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish the goals of finance department
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
Experience with Production Accounting Software
- Music industry experience
- CPA preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.