Ædifica’s diverse teams feature talents from a wide array of expertise. Beyond the disciplines of architecture and interior design. We bring together designers, architects, and experts from within its specific fields, such as: anthropology, social sciences, engineering and marketing. We believe in diversity, both in talent/culture and in ideas/points of view. It drives our design innovation and unlocks valuable forward thinking solutions for our Clients.
Ædifica is looking for an experienced conceptual designer for its team in Montreal.
- Participate and assist the director or senior designer in the preparation of preliminary studies, feasibility studies, and proposals
- Understand and analyze the client’s and users’ needs and expectations with an eye toward defining the project’s conceptual contour, to be presented to the client
- Guide and direct the conceptual design toward its approval by the client
- Establish, jointly with the director, the time frame for concept development; communicate the workflow to the junior designers involved
- Create and develop design concepts (spaces, buildings, movables) of low and medium complexity which meet the client’s and users’ expectations and conform to the relevant technical, budgetary, and scheduling constraints
- Ensure the quality of design work (design concepts and deliverables) from start to finish while maintaining regular, productive contacts with team members (during the design and implementation phases)
- Assist the project manager or the senior designer during the implementation phase in responding to changes in construction site constraints or client requirements by making the necessary adjustments to the project plan, including preparing additional drawings, site instructions, lists of deficiencies, and requests for payment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or Architecture
- Five (5) years of experience in a similar position
- Proficiency with MS Office suite products (mainly Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Cinema 4D, SketchUp
- Knowledge of Revit a plus
- Perfect knowledge of both spoken and written French, as well as editing abilities
- Good knowledge of written English
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, under tight deadlines
- Proven ability for task prioritization and stress management
- Good judgement, initiative, and an analytical mindset
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Group insurance;
- Group retirement plan;
- Reimbursement of public transit fares;
- On-site chef service ;
- Partial reimbursement of gym membership fees (50%);
- Exceptional workplace in downtown Montreal.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Please send your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org