The Corporate Affairs team produces a broad array of public relations initiatives and writing of communications materials to support Aecon’s overall reputation management strategy. With a roster of complex and important projects across Canada and beyond, we lead the way for Aecon when it comes to external communications, including issues management, project and stakeholder communications, media relations, executive communications, shareholder events and communications, digital/social media and government relations. We’re a fun, but hard-working team with an important portfolio that will always keep you engaged in meaningful and diverse work! Come join the #AeconProud team!
Do you have a passion for dynamic, professional, strategic external communications? Are you an enthusiastic, team player with strong writing skills, resourceful, and an expert project manager? Then this Corporate Affairs Specialist role is for you! We’re looking for your public relations and communications skills, positive attitude, and desire to succeed as a valued member of our team. Key Responsibilities • Support the Corporate Affairs and Investor Relations teams on a broad range of public relations initiatives.
- Draft communications materials including news releases, letters and speeches.
- Develop dynamic presentations for executive speaking engagements and department leaders.
- Research and craft industry and company-related media coverage reports.
- Identify and evaluate PR opportunities, prepare key messages and staff media events.
- Manage the development of quarterly reports, Aecon’s award-winning annual report, and take the lead planning shareholder events.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure continuous augmentation of Aecon’s digital assets, conduct interviews and turn conversations into compelling stories.
- Identify, respond to, and track sponsorships and donations.
- Liaise with business units to capture compelling stories to be communicated externally on a broad variety of platforms including social, digital and traditional media.
- Respond to stakeholder inquires, attend client working group meetings and support crisis and emergency preparedness initiatives as required.
Required Knowledge & Skills • University degree paired with a communications post-graduate certificate, or a diploma in communications/public relations.
- Minimum three to five years of experience in the public relations/communications field.
- Exceptional written/oral communications skills, media relations savvy and storytelling lens.
- Demonstrated project management and event planning skills.
- Passion for effective and powerful public relations and external communications campaigns.
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to plan and execute multiple priorities with tight deadlines and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to foster positive working relationships.
- Self-starter with the ability to work within a team environment and be receptive to direction.
- Thorough grasp of the Microsoft Office suite of products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- French language skills considered an asset.