Reporting to the Commercial & Project Controls Specialist, the Contracts Administrator will support our Estimating and Project Management teams. The Contracts Administrator will oversee and manage the documentation, distribution, execution and organization of Civil West’s contract and sub-contract process. Key Responsibilities
- Liaise with Estimating and Project Management Teams to create and issue Subcontracts and Service Agreements in an efficient and diligent manner.
- Prequalify subcontractors, suppliers and other service providers following Aecon’s internal prequalification process.
- Ensure proper documentation is received, including Insurance, WCB Clearance and Bonding
- Provide ongoing support with Change Orders.
- Maintain all key document control and electronic filing in shared database.
- Manage the production of proposal documents; includes printing, collating, binding Coordinate internal and external distribution of sub-contracts and other documents as applicable.
- Collaborate with Estimating, Operations, Safety, Finance, Legal, and as appropriate Senior Management.
- Assist in proofreading and editing proposal and estimating documents to ensure accuracy and consistency before submission.
Perform all duties in compliance with Aecon’s current Project Management processes, templates, checklists and tools.
- Incorporate / comply with Aecon’s risk management policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- 0-2 years’ experience in Administration
A technical diploma or certificate in Business Administration (or equivalent combinations of training)
Knowledge of contract language / Terms and Conditions / Bonding etc.
- Construction knowledge is an asset but not required.
Exposure to proposal administration; binding, proofreading and submission an asset
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and within a team
- Self motivated with excellent organizational skills and ability to change direction quickly
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook)
- Strong communication skills – oral and written
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure within tight deadlines
- Access to a reliable vehicle and able to commute to Aecon Transportation West’s headquarters (9700 Endeavour Drive, SE Calgary)