AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Transportation Engineer for employment in the Regina office.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
Under the responsible charge of an engineering Project Manager, the responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform assignments requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks. Assignments are designed to further develop judgment and understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Exercise judgment limited to developing details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Prepare engineering related calculations and develop drawings and visual aids.
- Assist in design of transportation roadway and civil engineering projects. Work on a wide range of projects and tasks, and assist with field research, data collection, data analysis, graphics, maps and data presentation, and report development.
- Preparation of correspondences and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusting working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Systems Engineering with an emphasis in traffic or transportation engineering or other related field.
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Should be eligible for EIT designation with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan within 1 year.
- Strong report writing, presentation, and verbal communications skills.
- Capable of using spreadsheet, word processing and standard office software.
- Basic knowledge of industry standard computer software for the position (examples include software such as of Land Desktop/AutoCAD, InRoads, InSite, and MicroStation).
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.