AECOM has an opening for a regional Safety Health & Environment (SH&E) Senior Manager to manage the AECOM Safety For Life Program in Canada. The SH&E position is one of seven positions currently in the Americas and reports to the Canada Executive and to the Vice President of SH&E, Americas.
The Regional SH&E Manager will provide technical support and be considered the resident expert regarding safety, health, and the environment. The Regional SH&E Manager will directly manage a staff of Area SH&E Managers within the Region and will be functional manager for SH&E staff dedicated to projects and programs within the Region.
mitigation planning; safety training delivery and program management; supporting compliance with AECOM policies and procedures; assessing (sub)contractor SH&E performance and qualifications; project/program SH&E auditing; input on proposals; project/ program SH&E oversight; implementing behavioral based safety programs; accident/incident investigation; management of Core Value Metrics and leading indicator measurements; practicing prevention through design and other proactive safety management system elements. The position will require direct supervision of safety staff and associated assignments, evaluations, mentoring and support.
The position will require support of regional initiatives in liaison with Regional Executive for development and implementation of the AECOM safety, health, and environment (SH&E) program, Safety For Life.
Duties further include:
- Support and develop regional SH&E professionals and project/program level SH&E professionals
- Perform a leadership role in opportunity risk review, incident investigation, case management, and internal management
- Identify deficiencies or areas needing loss control or compliance attention and arranges for corrective measures
- Develop and/or approves health and safety plans for regional managers
- Communicate audit/inspection results to management and ensures that follow-up inspections are performed to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures and regulations
- Support development and continuous improvement of the Safety For Life Integrated Management System
- Present internally and externally on the AECOM Safety For Life Program
- Coach and consult with leadership with the vision of management ownership of and employee engagement in SH&E. Support development and operation of Regional Safety Leadership Team
Experience working in and/or supporting SH&E programs in the following is expected: Transportation design/construction, general construction, oil & gas, energy production and delivery, water/waste water treatment design/construction, vertical construction, healthcare and education, chemical manufacturing, environmental management and remediation, health sciences including medical monitoring, fit for duty, and return to work programs, demolition, design-build-operate, engineer- procure- construct- maintain project delivery methods. The candidate must be able to contribute to AECOM's Americas SH&E program supporting such things as the development of policies and procedures, SH&E communications, rewards and recognition programs and SH&E performance assessments. This position will have budgeting responsibilities.
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree
- Extensive relevant experience
- A minimum of 6 years in senior leadership
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.