Advocate PR has revolutionized traditional legal public relations in Canada through an innovative and highly-personalized service that leverages the power of controlled media to increase credibility and new business for lawyers and legal suppliers. We do this by featuring law professionals as sources in news releases written by journalists and published on our newswire AdvocateDaily.com to generate referrals and build digital credibility.
Advocate's Inside Sales Representatives are responsible for customer acquisition by identifying leads, qualifying them, and scheduling meetings for our Sales Representatives. This position involves cold calling new potential clients, client business referrals, or other leads and providing prospective customers/clients information about our services while qualifying their interest. You're a fast-learning, energetic, well-spoken, self-starter eager to increase sales opportunities for the organization. You thrive on the challenge of finding and cultivating relationships with prospective clients to understand their needs and masterfully scheduling meetings for more in-depth follow-up. The role reports to the VP of Business Development and there's opportunities to evolve into greater sales responsibilities.
- Look for opportunities to promote Advocate and its products.
- Build your sales pipeline in targeted industries, identifying key prospects using LinkedIn, industry lists, etc., and preparing for the call
- Outbound prospecting (40+ cold calls a day minimum required)
- Using our CRM, develop your own system for scheduling and proactively following up on new leads.
- Qualifying and convert raw leads into opportunities.
- Add value to the customer experience by asking great questions (and then really listening) to develop a thorough understanding of their unique requirements. Advise the customer on the best product(s) to accomplish objectives and provide creative solutions to exceed customer expectations.
- Maintain accurate lead, opportunity and contact information in CRM. Deliver reports to management and provide the feedback you've gained from talking to prospects.
- Develop an in depth understanding of Advocate's purpose, values, products and people to best meet the customer's needs.
- Increase sales by staying current with new products and trends (including our competitors) as well as developing an awareness of client requirements/preferences and changes in the local market, competitors and industry.
- Assist in the development of marketing content including website, email, white papers, presentation decks and other shiny objects.
- Contribute to the team's success by participating in sales team calls/meetings, sharing best practices and success stories, collaborating on proposal development.
- Achieve monthly and quarterly targets. Celebrate.
- We're growing and evolving so the role will evolve with client and company needs
- Work independently (really important as we're a growing company)
- 3+ years of a proven track record lead generating (especially cold calling) and selling.
- Experience selling media or marketing/PR services a plus.
- Experience in the legal or real estate markets a huge plus.
- Ability to identify client needs and develop solutions that deliver value to the client - however they perceive 'value'
- Successful at engaging with all levels in an organization
- Strong business acumen and work ethic and a strong drive for both client and personal success.
- Outstanding communication, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Have experience with CRMs and ability to manage a variety of software business tools, including the MSFT Office suite of products,
- Strong lead generation and cold-calling abilities
- Solid organizational and time-management skills
Salary: $40K to $50K a year plus performance bonus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Inside Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Cold Calling: 3 years (Preferred)