RETAIL SALES MANAGER - Toronto
Advice from a Caterpillar was founded on the principles of creativity, quality, and passionate customer service. A family company, established in 2010, Advice from a Caterpillar caters to the family. The lifestyle store includes internationally curated collections of clothing, home decor, toys, books baby necessities.
The store is located at 8 Price Street near Summerhill and Yonge and is hiring a store sales manager.
Reporting to the owners, the Manager's mandate will be to develop the presence of Advice from a Caterpillar by providing a wonderful sales experience in-store. Success in sales at Advice from a Caterpillar is defined by selling not only the product but the customer experience. This position entails embodying the Advice from a Caterpillar spirit, and respecting the company procedures. The role covers areas of development of product sales, team management, running the daily operations, participating in communication and public relations projects and supporting community events.
- This position will appeal to dynamic and results-oriented professional who is passionate about service excellence.
- You are a leader and hands-on team player with excellent communication skills, who can anticipate and meet client needs, and prioritize the overall client experience. T
- his opportunity will be of interest to those who desire to be an integral part of a dynamic company eager to expand and diversify.
- Skilled in developing effective partnership relationships with key clients
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- Strives to meet and exceed expectations
- Has a flexible approach to change, is able to work effectively in a variety of situations, constantly seeks improvements and is forward looking
- Frequent contact with customers, implementation of all means necessary to achieve sales objectives;
- Developing and nurturing the store's client base by maintaining close, ongoing relations with customers, thereby building customer loyalty;
- Ensuring the presentation and appearance of the store is in line with brand standards;
- Displaying strong leadership skills and the ability to coordinate and motivate the team to provide a superior level of customer service;
- Setting standards for excellence in service delivery and driving exceptional sales results, further strengthening Advice from a Caterpillar's brand recognition in the marketplace;
- Handling and overseeing all the day-to-day processes that are carried out in the store.
- Manages the product inventory
- Manage incoming deliveries
- Conduct weekly inventory counts
- Has a knowledge of every product in store and is able to lead weekly product knowledge seminars each week
- Create calendars indicating new product introductions
- Manages all packaging supplies for both in store and online order
- Overseas the replenishment of store products every day
- Executes scheduling processes
- Implement team bonding to enable employees to work together
- Assists in weekly merchandising of store
- Leader in training and development of new employees
- Strategize new policies to improve operations
- Provide direction, guidance and judgment on new project initiatives
- Ensure sales objectives are understood and met, ensuring that the Sales Team members understand the requirements
- The position requires an understanding of all Retail business functions; focused on MAC, Lightspeed and Shopify
- The ideal candidate will also possess knowledge of standard business processes.
- 5-7 years sales management experience.
- Retail experience including Store operations and planning and allocation with an understanding of order fulfillment processes preferred
- Knowledge of MAC, Lightspeed and Shopify
- Excel skills required
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Strong track record of project delivery and benefits realization
- Be able to demonstrate a proven track record managing multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and problem solving skills.
- Excellent presentation and meeting leader skills.
- Strong negotiation, organizational, and facilitation skills.
- Self-starter / self-motivated, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision.
Please reply to Elizabeth Dyer
We thank all for their interest. We will contact only those whose backgrounds closely align with the criteria.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Retail Management: 5 years (Required)
- Lightspeed: 1 year (Preferred)
- Shopfiy: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)