Adventure Place is currently seeking a contract
EARLY CHILDHOOD RESOURCE CONSULTANT
Adventure Place is a registered charitable organization providing a continuum of Prevention, Early Intervention and Treatment services to young children and their families who reside in the North Quadrant of Toronto. Services and Treatment are available for a range of special needs including social, emotional, behavioural, communication, development and learning difficulties. For more information, please visit our website at www.adventureplace.ca.
Reporting to the Every Child Belongs Supervisor, the Early Childhood Resource Consultant (ECRC) will work with and provide support to multiple childcare programs, staff and families regarding children with extra support needs who have been referred to the ECB program for service. This includes consultation, coaching, modelling and participation in the identification and development of individual support plans. Flexibility in terms of work hours is required as some evening work may be necessary.
Employment Type: 4 Contract, Full-Time, 5 days per week (37.5 hours per week, evenings required)
- Facilitate inclusion of children with extra support needs in licensed child care and community programs
- Facilitate training for child care programs, families and community programs
- Ability to case co-ordinate multi-disciplinary teams both within the agency and in the
- Knowledge of typical early childhood development and intervention strategies
- Knowledge of intervention strategies for children with a wide range of extra support needs and diagnoses
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to facilitate referrals
- Understanding of child welfare issues and policies
- Identification, planning and implementation of intervention strategies for children with moderate to severe extra support needs including ASD, ADHD, Social/emotional trauma, academic, speech and language concerns etc.
- Provide child care classroom with program consultation to build capacity of program staff
- Support training needs of the child care staff to enhance their knowledge and skills on a variety of topics by developing workshops and/or delivering evidenced based workshops.
The Early Childhood Resource Consultant will Possess:
- Early Childhood Education Diploma combined with graduation from Resource Teacher Certificate Program* or equivalency plus 5 years relevant experience. *Resource Teacher Certificate Program or equivalency is defined as graduation from a specialized
post-secondary program that includes education in working with children with special needs as well as practical/field placement experience with children with extra support needs.)
- A member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators (Registered Early Childhood Educator, as required by funder);
- Relevant experience should include providing consultative support to children with extra support needs in early childhood settings; working with childcare centre staff, families, school staff, community resource staff;
- Working knowledge of computers including Microsoft windows, Microsoft word, Boardmaker and Internet;
- A valid Ontario’s drivers’ license and access to a personal vehicle is preferred
- Ability to speak French and/or any other second language is considered an asset
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH OUR WEBSITE: HTTP://ADVENTUREPLACE.CA/GET-INVOLVED/JOB-OPPORTUNITIES/ with your resume and cover letter by February 14, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be invited for an interview. If contacted, please inform us should any accommodation be required during the interview process.
Adventure Place values diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace.