As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire a Project Accountant who will embrace our mission to extend God’s care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
- Primarily supports the recordation of property and equipment and related depreciation for all Adventist Health Care entities.
- Monitors financial activity captured in the general ledger to ensure the accuracy of reported balances for property, accumulated depreciation and depreciation expense.
- Completes the monthly closing process for recording depreciation in accordance with AHC’s monthly close schedule.
- Responsible for the preparation of Capital Expenditure reports and analyses for each entity in conjunction with the monthly accounting close process. This may include the reconciliation of the general ledger balances with the fixed asset subledger balances, fixed asset roll-forward schedules, etc.
- Responds to customer inquiries with timely and insightful knowledge of fixed asset activities.
- Provides support for the conduct of AHC’s annual audit process.
- Participates in the annual budget process on an as needed basis.
- Demonstrates actions and attitudes that contribute to the achievement of AHC’s critical success factors (e.g., best place to work, most extraordinary experience, superior outcomes, financial success for reinvestment, a growing organization vital to the community and valued as a faith-based organization).
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Graduate of an accredited school with a minimum of an Associate degree in Accounting or Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting
- Internship experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to work independently and handle a multi task environment.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal skills, professional demeanor and communication skills.
- Strong stewardship of confidential data.
- Team player and ability to contribute suggestions and ideas for process improvements.
- Must have and continuously demonstrate good/sound professional judgment.
Work Schedule: 40 hours Day Shift
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work life balance through non rotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
- 100% Coverage for inpatient care – at Adventist HealthCare facilities
- 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide – after copay
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.