3S Americas Inc. is a well backed, mature product, startup, founded March 2018 as a subsidiary of 3S Lift, a leader in the Asian wind marketplace, having over 20 years of experience in design and manufacture of lift solutions.
3S Americas is quickly scaling to bring similar innovative "Safe - Simple - Specialized" solutions to the Americas wind power marketplace. 3S Americas is launching a full scope business entity, headquartered in Chicago, IL, focused on selling and servicing the already established 3S products such as service lifts, climbing equipment, fall protection, auto descending devices, maintenance platforms, and exclusive offshore crane and sealed self-retracting lifelines into the North, Central and South American wind turbine markets.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Sales Manager has cognizance of all commercial / Inquiry to Order (ITO) functions, daily execution and strategy, as defined by the 3S Americas strategic business development plan. The Sales Manager is ultimately responsible for the successful execution of the entire ITO lifecycle (competitive and market intelligence, commercial relationships, marketing, sales, deal sign and tracking / communications to ensure customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated history of exceptional commercial success, demonstrated relationships in the Americas wind industry, a history of executing complex sales / business deals, establishing team expectations critical to increasing the close win ratio and comfort operating within a winning Business System and operational methods.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Lead the Inquiry to Order value stream and associated tools, taking ultimate responsibility for achieving the 3S Americas sales targets (orders booked, revenue fulfilled, and profit).
- Directly manage all business development efforts with wind turbine tower manufacturers.
- Deliver market intelligence and critical external stakeholder relationships to enable the Commercial team success
- Assist the Executive team in preparing the 3S Growth Playbook, leading the strategic sales planning aspects. In alignment with Strategic Plan develop and lead a high performing Integrated Marketing Strategy
- In alignment with the Playbook; choose, launch and lead a winning Sales Strategy
- Lead 3S Americas Inc. in customer facing new product/service introduction and associated business development
- Manage the success of trade shows or other industry presence and public relations / press releases
- Lead, and ensure the Commercial Team has the "Trains Running on Time" (daily execution)
- Continually develop the Commercial Team, and the working relationship with and between team members in pursuit of the Business Strategy, brand standards & market goals
- Identify and court strategic partnerships / mergers, acquisitions or divestitures that contribute to the 3-5 year Playbook Forecast.
- Continuously improve business systems, communicate, and report in accordance with DBS and the needs of the 3S Americas Operations Team to ensure zero error On Time Delivery (OTD) of 3S offerings to the customer
What You Must Bring to This Role
- Demonstrated history of success in highly competitive commercial environments - Required
- Success leveraging teams (internal) and stakeholders (external) toward great commercial success - Required
- History of critical thinking, team problem solving and market/competitive analysis - Required
- History of accountability and critical decision making - Required
- Demonstrated understanding of wind turbine design and detailed understanding of installation practices - Desired
- History of leading teams to success in the wind industry - Desired
Compensation, Benefits & Fun Stuff
- Working for 3S Americas is much more than just a pay check and lifestyle privileges
- Be part of a small fast paced team, operating as a well-funded start-up with a strong balance sheet and mature product portfolio
- 3S offers a competitive compensation package, including health insurance, 401k plan (with company match), flexible work arrangements, IT equipment as well as competitive vacation policies
- All employees participate in our regional bonus program—whether in business development or project execution- and will receive a share of our success as we proceed to build a safer, greener future. The bonus plan includes not just profitability and growth targets, but customer engagement and other measurable factors.
Working Conditions & Physical Efforts
- Work is performed in an office work environment
- May be required to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to sit for a prolonged period of time
- Legally and physically able to travel within the Americas and Asia
- Visual functions being those of near vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with leadership
- Transportation to & from work locations
- Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or operate equipment
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- Sales: 2 years (Preferred)