POSITION: Staff Accountant
LOCATION: Coconut Grove, Florida
To support the Company in carrying out the day to day responsibilities of the Finance / Accounting Department for a Real Estate Development, Finance & Loan Servicing Company.
- Maintains journals and ledgers by verifying, correcting, and posting transactions.
- Performs review of accounts payable to ensure proper account & entity coding prior to issuing checks.
- Perform daily cash reconciliations.
- Maintain Fixed Asset schedules and prepare monthly entries and reconciliation.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations, including researching differences.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly reporting by creating and/or maintaining pertinent schedules and aide in the closing and reporting process.
- Special accounting projects as necessary.
- Prepare and maintain current information on properties and leased equipment.
This position has minimal supervisory responsibilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Ability to work at times independently, organized, and professionally.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, or advanced studies in business or finance with emphasis in accounting, is required.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in accounting or auditing is preferred.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- Experience in property management, REIT, or financial services is recommended.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with management, peers, subordinates and external parties.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Monitoring company accounts and conducting quarterly reviews
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Profit-and-loss statements
- Internal audits for policy adherence