Our client in the Vaughan area is currently looking to hire a Senior Cost Analyst to join their growing team.
Salary: 70K to 75K + benefits
We are looking for someone with strong COSTING experience, someone who has worked in a large manufacturing environment and someone who can work well independently.
Focuses on analyzing financial performances of the company; designing and implementing financial reporting & internal control processes & procedures; providing financial insights that helps the decision making of the senior management; plan, budget, and forecast future performances and provide variance analysis of actual against budget/forecast.
* Work with Controller on profitability/ROI analysis on strategic projects, large Capex investment, and other business cases for potential opportunities
* Review, provide relevant comments and monitor monthly financial performance of plants / processes / cost and profit centres
* Coordinate, support and prepare annual corporate budget and monthly forecast, by working closely with the Controller and VP Finance and all Operations departments
* Prepare monthly trade spend DDA variance analysis versus budget & forecast
* Manage the GM and report variances on a regular basis.
* Lead the periodic standard costing update project
* Manage and maintain the cost models for textiles, rubber and vinyl businesses.
* Identify, track, test and analyze all costs.
* Develop new SKU costs and margin analysis from models.
* Incorporate cost models into inventory standard costs and update periodically.
* Develop quarterly transfer prices between reground and textile companies.
* Recommend pricing strategies to senior management.
* Work closely with plant/distribution managers to develop daily/weekly/monthly operational reporting templates and relevant KPIs, and assist with operational analysis from a financial perspective
* Participate in the WMS (inventory management system) or other Information System conversion and/or implementation projects, and provide inputs from a financial and control perspective
* Implement, review, and update accounting policy & procedures per changing circumstances, such as business expansion, relocation, restructuring
* Implement and enforce internal control policy and procedures
* Other ad hoc projects
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 /year