What We're Looking For
Our in-house SEO Team manages a portfolio of websites for our higher education partners across numerous edu verticals. 2U is seeking an experienced SEO Analyst to develop and implement SEO strategy across several Higher Education Verticals
If you believe you exhibit the following skills and traits then we want you. You have/are:
- An interest in both the art and science of marketing
- An appreciation for higher education
- A high attention to detail
- Inquisitive and thorough in your deductive reasoning and are always seeking the what, why and how
- Are able to manage sizeable amounts of information and data in an organized fashion
- Are comfortable with change and embrace personal responsibility.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for marketing and higher education to develop and improve organic search marketing insights and processes while developing their white hat SEO acumen.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Perform keyword research: keyword lists and content/keyword mapping.
- Perform site level optimization: improving site structure, page construction, SEO copywriting.
- Monitor SEO performance by using SEO platform (including BrightEdge).
- Analyze backlink profiles using Majestic SEO and other tools.
- Utilizes SEO analysis tools (BrightEdge, Majestic SEO, Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools and more).
- Create reports for SEO Team, internal stakeholders, & university partners.
- Support SEO team to test, analyze, optimize and scale SEO campaigns.
- Seek continuous improvement in all deliverables, templates, and processes.
- Perform SEO maintenance on a portfolio of websites.
- Develop and hone a deep understanding of SEO best practices.
Things That Should Be In Your Background
- Bachelor’s degree, in a business related field is a plus
- Previous working corporate experience (either internship or full-time)
- Previous experience working with a CMS platform
- Demonstrates a high level of business acumen
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, attention to detail and organization
- Definitively demonstrates well-developed Excel and data management skills
- Proactively exhibits the ability to identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Adapts quickly, and prefers a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in HTML
- Experience with a Web Analytics platform (Google Analytics preferred)
- Thinks creatively
- Refuses to accept complacency
- No previous SEO experience required, just the passion to always learn more about the field (SEO learning is never done).
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role And At 2U
- A passion & belief in organic search & inbound marketing
- The ability to multi-task and evaluate priorities on an ongoing basis
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an environment of constant change
- Ability to work well in a team, to excel as an individual, all while maintaining a sense of humor
- Flexible, open minded, and patient
- Attention to detail as a point of pride
- Excited about problem solving
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 12 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.