Event and Sales Coordinator
2nd Floor Events is looking for an enthusiastic candidate to join our office and event coordination team. The successful applicant will have an exceptional eye for detail, accuracy, be comfortable working in a collaborative team, is self-motivated, outgoing and personable, and goal oriented.
Skills and Specifications:
- Minimum of 1 year in a hospitality customer service role
- Must have outstanding time management, organizational skills, and detail orientation
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- A professional manner with the ability to handle multiple demands with time sensitive deadlines
- Mac proficient - knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Adobe knowledge an asset
- Ability to read, write and speak English Fluently
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Caterease and touch bistro experience preferred but not required
Responsibilities of the Event and Sales Coordinator include:
- Answer general event inquiries by email and telephone
- Support administrative needs of the sales & marketing team (proposals, floor plans, photos for social media etc.)
- Preparing for and participate in weekly events and operations meetings- prepare files, take minutes, and follow up when required
- Ensure the office is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion including but not limited to filing and document organization, ordering supplies, maintaining event inventory etc.
- Inventory management of alcohol, chattels etc.
- Scheduling of internal and external staff, including reconciliation of invoices and payroll. Assist with job postings and initial screening of new hires.
- Minor venue repairs and upkeep
- Ensuring internal systems are maintained e.g. caterease, touchbistro etc.
- Invoice and collect landmark fees from participating suppliers
- Financial reconciliation of petty cash expenses submitted to accounting
Marketing, Sales Materials, and Project Responsibilities
- Updating and creating content for sales collateral
- Participate in menu design (research catering trends, participate in team brainstorming, editing and writing menu once created)
- Social media management including Instagram, Facebook, Google, Event Source, Wedding Wire and Yelp reviews
- Participate in other marketing initiatives as required
Event Coordination Responsibilities
- Main client contact from point of contract execution to event completion
- Proactively schedule site visits, meetings, and tastings (when required) with each client and/or relevant vendors
- Organize the details for the event including but not limited to bar arrangements, catering, floor plans, rentals, special requests, setup and service requirements
- Acting as main liaison from venue to ensure all details regarding F&B, AV, setup, etc. are organized, accurate and communicated clearly to relevant parties - internal and external
- Ensure Caterease, printed files, and payment schedules are up to date and accurate
- Place orders with outside vendors. Responsible for sourcing and costing all specialty products
- Manage budgets for all events ensuring that profit ratios are maintained
- Create client floor plans and consult on other event planning such as timeline, suppliers, decor etc.
- Suggest items to clients with the focus on business need, customer satisfaction, event requirements and suggestive selling
- Coordinate with Kitchen to provide all details necessary for ordering and execution of the menu
- Provide event supervisor with set up instructions and to-do lists prior to each event
- Day of event management - oversee the execution team to ensure all details are implemented. When the Event Supervisor is required in the kitchen the coordinator must be on the floor overseeing the staff and event
- Ensure smooth transition to Event Supervisor on the day of the event
- Responsible for post event correspondence, reconciliation and closing of event files
Job Type: Full-time