As a member of the 7.ai Team, the Technical Account Manager (TAM) is responsible for the ongoing success of 7.ai clients and partners who have launched applications on the 7.ai platform. Daily work can span the gamut from technical support and software project management to client/partner relationship management at the operational level.
Candidates must be comfortable working in an open, collaborative environment with smart people that solve problems interactively. Successful candidates are fast learners, self-motivated, and have a proven ability to drive technical solutions to client problems for a service-based business.
At 7.ai, the Technical Account Manager has broad responsibilities spanning support engineering through technical account management.
Support and on-board client and partner applications:
Be the primary point of contact as clients and partners build, launch, run and support their applications.
Project manage application updates:
- Diagnose and manage operational issues
- Report on incidents and help prepare root-cause analyses
- Perform client-specific reporting and operational activities
- Provide tier 1/2 technical support
- Provision platform services
- Drive building and testing client IP and telecom connectivity
- Participate in application launches
- Ensure correct billing of services
- Track client/partner platform usage
For Fortune 50 clients that contract directly with 7.ai for services, ensure the successful definition, implementation and launch of application updates consisting of defect fixes and functional enhancements.
- Negotiate release scope
- Identify required implementation partners
- Manage the client and partners through the software lifecycle
- Track partner and internal hours for client billing
- Forecast and track annual client PS expense budget
Keep client satisfaction high while maximizing client revenue and profitability.
- Participate in periodic account reviews and Review invoices
- Partner with account management to deliver challenging messages
- Skillfully manage clients through difficult situations
- BS or BA or years of equivalent industry experience
- 3-5 years experience in client-facing support or services positions
- 2-3 years of experience delivering or supporting software solutions via partners
- Excellent interpersonal, client-management, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to bridge the communication gap between engineers and business people
- Ability to effectively balance competing priorities across multiple
- Excellent initiation and follow-through on client requests
- Understand multi-tier system architectures.
- Technical analysis and debugging skills.
- Self-motivated, with proven ability to own problems through resolution
- Knowledge in these areas are required:
- Telecommunications, including VoIP
- Call centers and call center technologies: Computer Telephony Integration (CTI), call routing
- Speech application knowledge: VoiceXML, speech application model, audio file formats, grammars
- Basic UNIX concepts and commands
- Microsoft Office and SharePoint applications
- Nice to have:
- IP Networking basics: IP addressing, DNS, firewalls, load balancers, proxy servers, VPNs, SSL