About the Position
We are looking for talented C++ and Python developers to help create the software for our workflow of information extraction from high resolution satellite images. Working with a small but growing software team, you will have the opportunity to work on the full software stack, from the design of the software architecture, algorithm development, to the graphical interface that allows our customers to use the system.
Are you passionate about using C++ and Python to develop solutions to challenging problems? Are you eager to learn and develop new technologies, push the boundaries of what is possible, and help make a difference to society and the environment?
If you love to collaborate to produce the best software designs and architecture, if you know what it means to write robust, maintainable code with reusable interfaces, and if you have a track record of delivering high-quality software in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment, then we would love to hear from you.
- Develop image processing models and algorithms
- Design, deploy and maintain standalone industrial image processing applications
- Test, debug and maintain software applications written in C++ and Python
- Provide technical support for complex or urgent problems
- Prepare technical documentation (e.g., user manuals, technical specifications)
- Strong mathematics skills mainly in the areas of image processing, computer vision, 3D modeling and advanced interactive algorithms
- Preferably good programming skills in computer graphics (OpenTK and/or OpenGL)
- Preferably experience with OpenCV, BOOST, GDAL, PIL, or similar library experience
- GPU programming, NVidia CUDA preferred
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, computer/software engineering or equivalent Engineering degree
- Experience with one or more development environments (Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.).
- Strong experience in developing stand-alone Windows applications and in writing clean, well structured, commented, and maintainable code in C++, Python or C#
- Strong experience VS2013/2012 IDE
- Experience with collaborative source code control systems and unit testing
- Smart, creative with strong analytical skills
- Interest in learning and result oriented
- Enthusiastic friendly team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively on assignments through correct prioritization and management of tasks in order to ensure high-quality deliverables at each stage of the project.
- Comfortable working independently, as well as part of a fast-paced and collaborative team environment.
- Proficient in Mandarin are assets.
Job Type: Full-time