At 1stdibs, we sell the most beautiful things on earth and are looking for an SEO Editorial Associate to help position 1stdibs front and center when customers search Google and other search engines in pursuit of these things. Whether it's antique furniture or vintage couture, we want to ensure we're ranked #1 in user searches!
In this exciting role, you'll be responsible for executing specific tasks (think on-page optimization) and will also own entire projects, such as scaling targeted content and product listing pages. SEO has driven significant growth and will continue to be a priority for 1stdibs. You will learn from and gain exposure to teams throughout the company and have accountability and ownership of the traffic and revenue gains you are able to produce.
What you'll do
What you'll bring:
- Create editorial content that enriches pages throughout 1stdibs.com with goal of growing sales
- Assist in implementing the 1stdibs SEO strategy, working closely with editorial, product management, social and PR teams
- Report on and analyze 1stdibs organic traffic, site health, rankings, Googlebot crawls, and backlinks to identify areas of opportunity and monitor performance
- Conduct competitive research to understand other sites' performance and what 1stdibs can learn from them
- Assist in developing, and execute, a link-earning strategy, as well as content marketing initiatives
- Closely monitor industry news in order to provide the most up-to-date recommendations and track industry-wide changes
- Editorial background with experience copy-editing, writing (non-fiction), and assigning work to writers
- Thoughtful and detail-oriented, with an ability to multi-task
- Process-oriented, with the ability to plan and execute projects cross-functionally
- Great oral and written communication
- Experience setting and exceeding aggressive work goals wherever you go
- Content management systems such as WordPress
Not a requirement, but a huge plus
- Advanced Excel skills and comfort with manipulating large volumes of data
- Digital marketing (bonus: e-commerce SEO)
- Web product management
- Knowledge of, or at least a strong interest in design and beautiful things
1stdibs is the world's largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.