Please include a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this job and what you would bring to this job
Must be able to work legally in Canada.
Job Type: Part-time (4 days per week)
How To Apply:
Submit your Cover Letter & Resume.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our local family run cafe is seeking a passionate and experienced Restaurant Manager to lead all aspects of our business. Restaurant managers' responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant's revenue, profitability and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality and customer service standards.
To be successful in this role, you will need management skills and experience in both front and back of house. We would like you to know how to oversee the dining room, check in with customers and balance seating capacity. Back of house management experience is also essential, as you will hire qualified cooks and wait staff, set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure that we comply with health and safety regulations.
We will expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast paced environment. Ultimately you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
Restaurant Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees human resources by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, counseling and managing employees
- Schedules regular daily and/or weekly maintenance tasks and repairs. Delegates' tasks to keep the restaurant in top working order
- Regularly reviews product quality and research new vendors
- Manages overall labour cost budget for the restaurant. Makes decisions about scheduling, allocation of time for training and maintenance tasks
- Implements and enforces new policies and procedures
- Ensure all food safety procedures are strictly adhered to according to sanitary regulations while maintaining safe working conditions
- Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimize waste while ensuring high quality of preparation and presentation
- Responds efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Plans menus by consulting with chefs, estimates food costs and profits, adjust menus accordingly
- Head up marketing strategies by designing and placing advertisements, invites food editors to review the cafe, encourages local businesses to hold social events at the cafe, publishes and maintains our social media platforms
Restaurant Manager Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years' experience in Restaurant Management (required)
- Formal education in a culinary school or food services management preferred, must have certification in Food Safety with the appropriate level courses completed
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Familiarity with restaurant software such as Touch Bistro, Open Table, Skip the Dishes etc.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $30.00 /hour
- Restaurant Management: 3 years (Required)
- restaurant industry: 3 years (Preferred)
- Culinary: 1 year (Preferred)