We are a new cannabis retailer that will be opening our first retail concept this summer. We are in search of a professional and qualified district manager who is passionate about creating a unique, customer-focused environment. The district manageris the operations leader and acts as liaison between corporate support and retail-level employees. The individual must be proficient in all aspects of the business, from hiring & training knowledgeable associates, overseeing efficient and accurate inventory, to establishing and maintaining a positive customer sales experience. You will set the standard of success within our store and future chain of stores opened within Canada.
This position is responsible for enabling, supporting, and optimizing national retail store execution. This role is accountable for retail revenue including tracking it, growing it and managing the relative expenses along the way. Training and development of low-to-mid level management through maintaining a supportive and growth-focused environment will be a key enabler for implementation of growth strategies and other policy/process changes across our retail chain.
This role will also require the individual to oversee retail expansion and execution to ensure alignment with business strategies is met along with appropriate resource allocation.
We are looking for a motivated individual who loves to meet new people, cultivate relationships and is excited to learn more about this up and coming industry.
Sales and Customer Service:
- Execute Cannabis and accessories selling strategies.
- Set monthly/annual retail store revenue goals, KPI targets and incentives to provide clear guidance and expectations in line with operational objectives
- Maintain current knowledge of the cannabis retail market to advise on operational and pricing strategies.
- Critically assess staffing hours by location to ensure optimal balance between staff working hours, revenue and store traffic toultimately minimize payroll.
- View sales reports and communicate with the team to identify sales trends and potential inventory requirements.
- Lead and motivate employees to attain personal sales goals.
- Providing an enjoyable, full-service shopping experience to customers.
- Provide complaint resolution to ensure satisfaction of all customers
- Utilize customer and team member feedback to readily implement changes to improve the customer experience
- Work with storemanagers and supervisors to recruit, hire, onboard, schedule and coach staff.
- Responsible for resource planning and allocation across the retail channelincluding but not limited to identifykey and top-performers, and utilize talent accordingly;
- Maintain and operate the store within the guidelines of AGCO Cannabis rules and regulations, including but not limited to training ofall team members on relevant compliant work procedures and policies;
- Implement and oversee security, reporting, cash management procedures and any other activities related to opening and closing the store;
- Manage inventory purchase orders and receiving processes, including orders for any store and office supplies;
- Conduct store visits and audits on a regular basis;
- Ensure allexpired/damaged/returned products are logged and disposed according to provincial regulations;
- Support the retail store development team on new store designs and construction;
- Work with Branding and Marketing department to plan and execute local marketinginitiatives/promotions that are aligned with business strategies, when applicable, deliver message to all players within the retail channel to ensure preparation and successexecution of marketing activities;
- Provide local social media, and traditional marketing assistance to Branding and Marketing departmentwhen applicable;
- Report to internal and external stakeholders as required;
- Act asaliaison between local and head office, attend meetings at the head office as needed;
- Act as the local liaison with stakeholders, external clients, leasing agents, and cannabis industry representatives;
- Facilitate and oversee operationsrelated to relationshipbuilding and maintenance,execution of projects with current and future retail partners;
- Accountable for maintaining a clean and organized work environment;
- Assist in developing strategic goals for the retail channel, ensuring that they are translated into realistic and executable operational plans to drive top-line growth during retail store development and ultimately to emphasize profitability after maturation of retail stores.
District Manager works in tandem with supervisors and sales associates, executing all operational and standards set forth by the company and provide leadership to store team members.
- Assist with floor coverage, processing of client purchases, as well as opening and closing the store;
- Responsible for creating a positive and united work environment among all staff;
- Provide leadership and methodology training to Store Managers, Supervisors, and team leadsto ensure a positive, growth-infused environment filled with solution-based thinkers.
- Lead frequent management and staff meetings to ensure consistent training, coaching, and personnel development and to maintain an aligned vision among all managers;
- Ensure all new hires and existing staff are trained on the most up-to-date operating policies and procedures;
- Hold the retail team accountable to all policy and procedural directives including customer experience and human resources guidelines, administering coaching and corrective measures as needed;
- Motivate and inspire team members to be positive, friendly, knowledgeable, and productive;
- Coach team members and provide positive and constructive feedback;
- Complete performance appraisals for allstaff;
- Be accessible and responsive to all team member's questions, suggestions, and concerns and help resolve any team member conflicts;
- Act as primary point of contact for store managers, supervisors, and leads regarding any escalated issues and provide support and guidance;
- Set objectives and targets for storemanagers and supervisors and proactively manages and reviews performance and progress.
Policy and Procedure Development
- Take ownership of formal policy and procedure resources and directives for corporate retailstoresto provide a roadmap of best practiceschannel-wide through effective business practice analysis in line with global strategy;
- Maintainan open feedback methodology to enable proactive, dynamic, and reactive policy change and development;
- Consistently develop, maintain, and implement formal resources for store/brand image, product knowledge and training, sales training, customer experience, and systems.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum, two years of experience in a retail management role
- Willingness to travel across Canada as required
- Cannabis, Liquor, Hospitality and/or Healthcare experience is preferred
- Experience in Health and Safety, Education and facilitating training would be considered a strong asset
- Post-Secondary education
- Cannabis Retail Manager License (obtained through AGCO Alcohol Gaming and Liquor Commission of Ontario)
- Must pass a Criminal Record Check
- Must pass a Comprehensive Background Check
- Working knowledge of regulations as it pertains to the selling of Cannabis in Ontario
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and execution skills.
- Ability to use a POS system and its inventory management functions
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Working knowledge of recreational and/or medical cannabis an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- Retail: 3 years (Preferred)