Job Description: Solar PV Design Engineer
Company: 174 Power Global NorthEast, LLC - New York, NY
Employment Type: Full-time, Exempt
Industry: Renewables & Environment, Solar, Utilities & Construction
174 Power Global, headquartered in Irvine, California, designs, builds and manages solar power plant solutions. The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to North America, combining best-of-world technology, processes and partnerships to deliver utility-grade solar PV solutions customized for local energy markets. 174 Power Global offers the full spectrum of PV solutions - from power plant development, design, construction, operations and maintenance. With proven capabilities across the solar value chain, 174 Power Global minimizes uncertainty and risk, and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in solar energy.
The Solar PV Design Engineer takes initial system concept ideas and turns them into fully detailed construction ready designs. Working on commercial, and utility scale solar projects, the Design Engineer has a steady pipeline of diverse projects to design. Coordinating with AHJs, LPCs, and customers, the Design Engineer balances the necessity of a customer solution with the efficiency of standard practices. This position reports to the Director of Operations, or another senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate.
This position is based out of Bronx, NY and the ideal candidate will be within commutable distance to this location. This position may be required to travel up to 15% of the time.
* A degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or another related engineering field;
* Minimum of 3-5 years of experience designing commercial and utility scale solar PV systems;
* Adequate knowledge of National Electrical Code;
* Relevant work experience in the design and development of power plants (in particular solar or wind power plants);
* Ability to travel, up to 15% of the time;
* Minimum of 4+ years of experience working with AutoCAD, including an understanding of layer control, dimensioning and scaling, sheet sets, blocks, xrefs, line weights, plot files, etc.;
* Experience in managing a team of Engineers;
* Excellent ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company; and
* Comfortable working in a fast-moving dynamic, environment.
174 Power Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. www.174powerglobal.com.
Job Type: Full-time