10X is one of the most elite co-working spaces in New York City. When you are here, you have everything you need to make your startup 10X better. We use our resources to help startups grow exponentially such as capital, developers, startup talent, collaborative community, technology co-working space, training and more.
We are looking for a great PHP developer Intern to join our team immediately. The PHP Developer Intern is responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
PHP Developer Intern responsibilities include:
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team
- Prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools
- Utilize backend data services and contribute to increasing existing data services API
- Lead the entire web application development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery and post-launch support
- Refactor, optimize and improve the existing codebase for maintenance and scale
- Use test-driven development and acceptance tests to ensure feature quality
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks such as Laravel
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar relevant field
- Experience with User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Experience with Integrating multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony, Kohana, CodeIgniter, Zend, etc.)
- Extensive experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Hands on Angular, couchDB and/or MongoDB
- Excellent relational database skills with MySQL
- Experience with building restful JSON web services
- Knowledge of API's, such as twitter, Facebook, Google maps, Instagram, etc.
- Understanding of responsive design frameworks such as bootstrap
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Job Type: Internship
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- PHP: 1 year (Preferred)