VP, Performance Marketing
1800Flowers.com is looking for a Vice President, Performance Marketing with a compelling record of creating and managing digital marketing strategies and leveraging marketing campaigns to deliver outstanding revenue growth. This position will be focused on partnering with Marketing Services, for various mediums such as Paid Search, Shopping Engines, Display, Affiliate, and Marketplace advertising which entails an intimate knowledge of: paid search platforms and ecosystems and capabilities, ad serving technologies, affiliate technology platforms, DSPs, site direct buys, mobile, video and emerging inventory sources and experience managing direct reports. This position requires a deep understanding of the evolving MarTech/AdTechlandscape. In-house marketing experience is a plus.
The position requires an enthusiastic multi-taskerwith attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication and an ability to build relationships across internal and external teams. This person needs to be able drive strategies as well as guide data-driven tactical decisions in close to real time. We offer a chance interact with industry leaders and the best technology companies. 1800Flowers.com is a flat, dynamic and highly focused team; we have fun while producing strong top and bottom line results.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Supervise Paid Search planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, testing, analysis, forecasting and reporting for specific brand(s).
- Individually and/or in partnership with Marketing Servicesdrive search media campaigns, search engine shopping campaigns as well as Comparison Shopping Engines (CSE), and all Marketplaces (Amazon, Walmart, etc.).
- Experience partnering with internal teams to optimize varied marketing platforms and operations, specific to a Brand.
- Mastery of leading ad industry tools & technologies (egad servers, DSPs & UIs, Google & YouTube, Tag Management, Affiliate platforms) and ability to partner internally to drive expert outcomes.
- Oversee campaign management andlarge monthly spend budgets while hitting pre-determined targets in CPA, ROI, A/S and micro-conversion optimization
- Familiarity with multi-touch attribution, algorithmic models and marketing analytics.
- Ability to understand customer buying behaviors, segmentation and profiling.
- Responsible for overall management and growth of the affiliate program including managing our publisher and agency relationships
- Monitor and research industry trends related to direct response marketing to continually improve knowledge and skills, and communicate new ideas and trends.
- Identify new sources of customer acquisition and profit via new partners new strategies and emerging channels.
- Manage a team of marketing managers for specific brand(s).
- Have responsibility for a multi-million dollar P&L, forecast quarterly and annual goals for revenue.
- 10+ years of digital agency or in-house experience
- Must have paid search and display channel expertise and other digital channel skill-sets a plus
- Ecommerce, direct response, roi-focused campaign management
- Strong sense of Marketing analytics and how to derive actionable insights from complex data sources
- Working knowledge of one or more of the analytics packages (egGoogle Analytics).
- Management experience leading small teams against online performance-based media objectives and executing marketing campaigns that are part of multi-pronged marketing strategy that crosses teams and organizations.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to get work completed is a key success factor.
- Ability to multitask, handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment without a lot of direction or oversight.
- Advanced computer skills are required
- College degree required, advanced degree a plus. We welcome applicants with non-traditional educational and professional experiences.
Job Type: Full-time