“ID Badge and Access Card • Complete email template provided on our onboarding system, take a professional
photo, and submit both to email@example.com.
• Once your ID card is ready you will be contacted for pick-up or delivery.
• Visit ‘Employee Immunizations New Employee Page’ to find the CDA process and
access the CDA form.
• Submit your completed CDA form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (780) 670-3622.
• Once contacted by AHS Workplace Health and Safety (WHS), attend a CDA clinic
appointment with AHS or Public Health.
Orientation – Part One • Complete Part One – Orientation
• You will receive three hours pay for completing the Orientation.
• Print the certificate of completion at the end of the orientation and provide it to your
manager on your first day of work.
Benefits and Pension • Review benefits and pension options.
Page 2 10-Apr-19
AHS Code of Conduct • Familiarize yourself with the AHS Code of Conduct
Parking • Fill out the Parking Application form and send it to your local parking office. Include the
name of your work site in the subject line of your email.
Note: Parking availability is not guaranteed.
License and Professional
• Requirement for: Regulated health professions under the Alberta Health Professions
Act and Health Disciplines Act. Other professions governed by government acts and
college or regulatory body requirements may be required to provide additional
• Upload your license/practice permit using our onboarding system.
Criminal record check
and/or Vulnerable Sector
• Apply at your local law enforcement office for a criminal record check and/or Vulnerable
• Upload Criminal Record Check using our onboarding system.
Basic Life Support - Health
Care Provider Level (BLSHCP) Certification
• Upload your Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification using our onboarding system.
Education Allowance • Groups: AUPE – Auxiliary Nursing, UNA, HSAA – Mental Health Therapists
• Your collective agreement provides more details.
• Complete the Education Allowance Form.
• Submit your form using our onboarding system.
Detailed information is available on the New Employee page at www.ahs.ca/newemployee
Page 3 10-Apr-19
Your First Day
Task Instructions Done
Set up Direct Deposit
Information • On your first day go to the AHS intranet – Insite >Employee Tools > New Employees
for instructions on how to add or edit your direct deposit banking information.
• To avoid any delays in payment, you must enter your personal banking information
within five days of your start date.
Canada Revenue/ Personal
Tax Credit Returns • TD1 2019 Personal Tax Credit Return - Federal
• TD1 2019 Personal Tax Credit Return - Provincial
• Send completed and signed forms by fax at 1-888-908-7265 or
AHSecure – Collect It
Protect It Privacy and IT
• This mandatory course is available on MyLearningLink, and takes about 20 minutes to
• You will need to electronically sign the Confidentiality and User Agreement at the end
of the course.